you know your getting old when..........

/ you know your getting old when.......... #1  

ae_ted

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1040
Had to get a radiator cap for a 1986 MF 1040 tractor. Should have been easy....Should have been......
I looked up the part number on the Massey website(I had called the dealer and got my user name and password).
Called the closest dealer(100 mi) and ask to have it sent to me. He did not have it, so no problem, I called the next closest one, then it got interesting as he said it was discontinued and he could not get one. hummm....!!! idea! West Ky Tractor Parts(salvage yard) is only 8 mi from me so I called them up. They called me back and said they had one(yaaaa) and it would be $35.00..used.
oh my gosh!!!!!!!! i figured a radiator cap might be $5 ...maybe even $10 Took some deep breaths(oK a LOT of them) and went and picked it up. It was a exact fit and all was good, but it sure let me know that i really am old and living in a different world now. I listened to my parents talk about prices and how things have gone up....haha I have become my father. Am I the only one suffering from price shock these days?

/ you know your getting old when.......... #2  
Nope.
prices have gone crazy on EVERYTHING! The aggrevating part, is no one on the news is saying a word about the inflation, just here them talk about how the economy is recovering????

Really?

Try buying electrical wire.

/ you know your getting old when.......... #3  
You know you're getting old when...oh shoot, I'll have to get back with you on that...

/ you know your getting old when.......... #4  
You must have opted for the gold plated version...:laughing:

/ you know your getting old when.......... #5  
Yep, for a feller who thought his first hourly paid job at $1.84 an hour (letter carrier) was a good paying job, everything seems ridiculously high priced now-a-days.

/ you know your getting old when.......... #6  
Cutting some trees last week and noticed that the orange filter cover on my lil stil was missing. I knew I had only travelled 100yds thru the hardwoods with it, but it was all uphill,both ways....
Walked it twice then gave up. Not going back up there again for the sake of a $5 plastic cover so when I got back to the house I called the dealer (first name basis, 3 Sthils) and had him order one.
Had I know it was going to be $37 plus tax, I might have climbed back up!!!!!!!!

Bird, I always thought you were older!

/ you know your getting old when.......... #7  
When you fill out something with your age online and you have to scroll WAY down for the year.

/ you know your getting old when.......... #8  
Needing some tractor fuel loaded a barrel in pick-up and stopped at wal-mart for truck diesel less than 20 gal. for $75.00 1/2 tank didn't want to reenter card so drove to bulk fuel co.
purchased red diesel 46 gal. for $160.03 and some gas for s/b. gen. (real gas) $37.79 and talking to the employee about buying tractor fuel there when the price was $.12 a gal. for tractor gas. and $.16 for regular gas. then price jumped to $.19 a lot of griping about the cost .
Then drove to J.D. place got 2 1/2 gal. of 10-50 oil and filter 10 pkg. of grease and bottle of hand cleaner $100.00 enough for a person to light headed when remembering what it used to be.
Bird still 15 lustrums + talkling of age.

ken

/ you know your getting old when.......... #9  
When you fill out something with your age online and you have to scroll WAY down for the year.

lol good one...
Or like me today i actually had a Home Depot employee follow me to the car. not to think i was stealing but he helped me load some cement..Nice guy and Good service there..

/ you know your getting old when.......... #10  
You know your getting old when : Your a lifelong democrat and you think Hillary is a hotty ! :eek:

Boone