My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #221  
I bought a HF quick hitch several years ago and discovered the lower hooks were Cat ll size instead of Cat l. I just use Cat l to Cat ll bushings to take up the slack.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #222  
Heres a picture of my Harbor freight Quick Hitch with my trailor balls attached. Its used mostly to move wood with my dump trailor. . . .John

Attachments

• New 3 pt hitch.jpg
    New 3 pt hitch.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 1,016
   / My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #223  
I just ordered the Adapter Bracket for the 27.5" model by calling the Harbor Freight at their -800 number and using the aforementioned part number 29309-0VGA. The price is now $16.99 and shipping was $6.99 to my address in Georgia. Wanted to verify the part number still works for you all.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #224  
Heres a picture of my Harbor freight Quick Hitch with my trailor balls attached. Its used mostly to move wood with my dump trailor. . . .John
I just noticed this post and your photo. I like your trailer hitch add-on! I'll have to cobble one together myself.

Boxelder, welcome!
If your adapter arrives packaged as silly as mine, you might post a photo. Mine was in a little box about the size of a brick - then that was enclosed in a carton 2 ft on each side stuffed with plastic peanuts. I didn't think even UPS's best efforts could damage that 40 hp-capable hitch adapter but I guess you never know. :D

Last edited:
   / My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #225  
Two or three years later im still amazed they dont advertise the adapter.People would be more happy and they would make some money.Ive elmailed them about it before i returned my hitch,but they dont seem to know or care..

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #227  
I just ordered the Adapter Bracket for the 27.5" model by calling the Harbor Freight at their -800 number and using the aforementioned part number 29309-0VGA. The price is now $16.99 and shipping was $6.99 to my address in Georgia. Wanted to verify the part number still works for you all.

Thanks for reminding me. Called and placed an order.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #228  
Now that I've adapted most of my implements to accept the QH's hook, I haven't used that adapter for a couple of years.

On the rotary mower that needs a flexible-length top link, I use a loose loop of chain instead of the hook. This lets the mower follow rough ground but it still lifts normally.

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #229  
California said:
Now that I've adapted most of my implements to accept the QH's hook, I haven't used that adapter for a couple of years.

On the rotary mower that needs a flexible-length top link, I use a loose loop of chain instead of the hook. This lets the mower follow rough ground but it still lifts normally.

FYI: the HF in our area now has the cat1 QH on sale- NOT clearance per the store for $79.99, before any coupons.

That's the lowest I've ever seen it.

Thomas
No matter where you go; there you are...

/ My Harbor Freight Quick Hitch #230  

Do you connect the chain to the QH hook? If so, could you share a picture?