Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #71  
MarkChambers said:
You can't speak in universal categories Bullitt. You might have a point if every situation was identical. But it's highly doubtful that there is full coincidence between everything you and I do. Each piece of property had its own particular set of conditions and there is a definite sense in which each is unique. I've been gardening for a good many years and I have spent a good amount of time composting and developing the soil. It is nice and fluffy and it's also flat. A lower center of gravity is of no benefit to me in my tilling situation and I don't need added traction to till the my soil. And if I did need weight for traction it wouldn't be dead weight provided by an object designed for some other purpose. Dead weight, by definition, provides no useful function and so in many cases its presence is negative. You don't haul a pack around on your back when you don't need it do you? When weight is actually needed it isn't "dead weight". Passive is the proper terminology and it performs a required function. And if needed I'll use those items created specifically for that purpose. In these parts they are called "weights". You can drive a nail with an 8 lb maul or a pair of side cutters if you want to but I prefer a hammer.

Now it might be useful to have the FEL on when grading the drive, especially if I've let it go, and then again it might not. But that has little to do with taking it off when I'm mowing does it?

I can't see any need in continuing this discussion. I am getting no where fast. It seems like you don't get any of the points I am trying to make and you come up with a goofy response. Good luck with your tractor and I wish many trouble free hours.

iptman said:
I think the drive-over auto connect feature is nice but it's way too new to know whether they will continue to work flawlessly in year 5 as they do on day 1 at the dealer. I've already seen a few threads in the JD section about people complaining about alignment issues with these things. I say keep it simple which often means longevity in most things mechanical. I can certainly see the appeal though.

Amen.:drink:

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #72  
I can't see any need in continuing this discussion. I am getting no where fast.

Sounds good. Back to the regularly scheduled program - that being the new features of the updated BX series. Gotta say that seat does look awesome. Can't wait to check one out at a dealer. Not that I'll be trading in for one, but I just need to figure out what's transferrable to the 60 series machines.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #73  
I wonder if the rear worklight will be LED now?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #74  
Sounds good. Back to the regularly scheduled program - that being the new features of the updated BX series. Gotta say that seat does look awesome. Can't wait to check one out at a dealer. Not that I'll be trading in for one, but I just need to figure out what's transferrable to the 60 series machines.

Some things I'm sure will be able to put on older models, but I fear the cost will be a bear, I just paid $225 for a new seat for our BX2200 didn't want to go to the expense of putting something like the BX2660 seat on.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #75  
TripleR said:
Some things I'm sure will be able to put on older models, but I fear the cost will be a bear, I just paid $225 for a new seat for our BX2200 didn't want to go to the expense of putting something like the BX2660 seat on.

I think it will probably be cheaper to get a 70 series than try to upgrade.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #76  
I think it will probably be cheaper to get a 70 series than try to upgrade.

You are probably right for a full upgrade. I'm pretty happy with what I have for what I do, so I really don't see me doing anything until/unless mine wear completely out. My wife and I both HATE left foot brakes, we have it on our John Deere, so that would be a negative for us and was one of the reasons we traded for a new L5740 this summer.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #77  
TripleR said:
You are probably right for a full upgrade. I'm pretty happy with what I have for what I do, so I really don't see me doing anything until/unless mine wear completely out. My wife and I both HATE left foot brakes, we have it on our John Deere, so that would be a negative for us and was one of the reasons we traded for a new L5740 this summer.

I don't see enough improvements to make me want one. I thought the right foot brake worked good, just rock your foot from the hydro pedal to the brake. I test drove a B3200 and my foot got caught under the brake when I went to let off the hydro pedal, so they needed to do something better there. Another drawback for the new bx for me is the folding rops. I would have to fold it to get it into the building were I keep it. I really like the seat. I also like the qa loader and acessories.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #78  
I don't see enough improvements to make me want one. I thought the right foot brake worked good, just rock your foot from the hydro pedal to the brake. I test drove a B3200 and my foot got caught under the brake when I went to let off the hydro pedal, so they needed to do something better there. Another drawback for the new bx for me is the folding rops. I would have to fold it to get it into the building were I keep it. I really like the seat. I also like the qa loader and acessories.

I had an L5030 and the brakes were further to the right than on our Grand L40's, I like them on the GL40, but I don't use the brakes very much on our HST equipment like I do with the geared ones.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #79  
TripleR said:
I had an L5030 and the brakes were further to the right than on our Grand L40's, I like them on the GL40, but I don't use the brakes very much on our HST equipment like I do with the geared ones.

Me either, brakes are pretty much for parking on a hydro.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #80  
94BULLITT said:
Me either, brakes are pretty much for parking on a hydro.

Flatlanders! He he!