At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #4,451  
Maybe, but then how would I justify owning a backhoe attachment?
Obed
Maybe i ought to delete my post and you never be caught cutting a stump flush, and not letting the wife read this thread. haha!

;)

/ At Home In The Woods #4,452  
Srs good job. I drilled a hole in the end of one of my forks so I can drop a ball in it anytime I need it. Also, I put a receiver hitch in the top center of the boxblade. With top and tilt it makes it real easy to back up and hook onto a trailer.

Thanks MotorSeven! Also love your posts on the Log Home, you do great work! Stanley

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,453  
Obed good deal on the cages eh? So have you tried to collapse one yet? So I rekon some day they will need a coat of paint and that will make them much more attractive to the wife:D
Yes, an awesome deal, thanks. No, I didn't try to collapse one. Now that I have transported them home, I don't need to collapse them. The only thing that will make the pallet cages more attractive to the wife is when I fill them with firewood. She loves sitting next to the warm fireplace (and so do I).

/ At Home In The Woods #4,454  
Nice firewood cages Obed! Have been looking for those myself up this way however the price being asking is very high. You can't go wrong with $15/cage. Time to get stacking!

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,455  
I filled 3 pallet cages with wood I cut from our log pile. I wonder if I will be able to cut and stack the wood from all the logs before they rot. All the logs in the pile are off the ground except a few of those showing in the front of the picture. Otherwise, the logs are stacked on perpendicular oriented logs lying on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_3595.JPG
    IMG_3595.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3596.JPG
    IMG_3596.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3598.JPG
    IMG_3598.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 195
   / At Home In The Woods #4,456  
I filled 3 pallet cages with wood I cut from our log pile. I wonder if I will be able to cut and stack the wood from all the logs before they rot. All the logs in the pile are off the ground except a few of those showing in the front of the picture. Otherwise, the logs are stacked on perpendicular oriented logs lying on the ground.

Obed...I had a stack identical to yours of logs...mine were pine and I got to some but after 3 yrs . the ones left were all rotting ..not worth cutting...so I have a compost pile now..termites etc. helped..But if yours are hardwood and off the ground you will be fine for years...and years..I have cut hardwood logs that had been laying on the Forrest floor for years and the outer 2 or3 " were soft and bad but the inner core was fine...I would not worry..

/ At Home In The Woods #4,457  
Looks like each cage can hold a week or so worth of wood to me! that ought to make moving it easier.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,458  
You've got all winter.... No better time to cut and split wood.....

/ At Home In The Woods #4,459  
I see a lot of hardwood in there...yes they will last a long time off the ground. Just keep whittling away at them, no worries. Even punky wood will burn once dried out and I have a mantra....."if it fit's in the stove, I burn it".

/ At Home In The Woods #4,460  
MotorSeven said:
I see a lot of hardwood in there...yes they will last a long time off the ground. Just keep whittling away at them, no worries. Even punky wood will burn once dried out and I have a mantra....."if it fit's in the stove, I burn it".

I find it funny, around here you can't give pine away to burn. That includes it already being cut to length, just split and go. Took around 7 full cord of pine to a friend to burn in his shop. We dropped the trees, cut the wood, loaded, hauled and dumped in his back yard 20 miles away. 4 loads in all and didn't ask for a penny. Yet everyone locally turned us down, wanted nothing to do with burning pine. I have around 60 more pine trees to drop still. It is a shame to let wood go to waste.