Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #61  
I take it hydrashock is means the same thing as Hollow Point. When in body tissues the hollow point can build hydraulic forces that spread the lead so it stops faster therefore giving more knock down force because it does not pass out the other side of the body which is wasted force for protection or hunting killing power.

/ Should have used hollow points! #62  
Federal Hydra-Shok's are a type of defensive ammunition available in a range of calibers.. They are an older but proven design. They have a Post in the center of the hollow nose cavity. here is a excerpt from their advert.

The choice of law enforcement agencies nationwide, Federal's unique center-post design delivers controlled expansion and the notched jacket provides efficient energy transfer to penetrate barriers while retaining stopping power. The deep penetration of this jacketed bullet satisfies even the FBI's stringent testing requirements.

Federal Premium - Handgun Details

James K0UA

/ Should have used hollow points! #64  
Her HUSBAND had called 911 from another city....the wife had called him first. He had two phones and was relaying the shooting to the 911 operator.....
Did you say hollow points were ILLEGLE?????? That's crazy. Somebody tell me what hydrashocks are? I use HP's for everything, home and hunting. :eek:

hollow points are not illegal...
Hyrda shocks are hollopoints with a steel pin in the cavity....
think of as a drill bit..
it goes in and stops...

/ Should have used hollow points! #65  
OH yes! a big fine for every hollow point bullet they catch you with in NJ. The people will do anything to ease their minds and fear of guns. I would not live in such a state. Only the cops and the criminals have hollow points in NJ. :) Thanks to the liberal minded voters the good citizens are the only ones punished for what bad people do.

NRA bull? Not at all. Having used lead ball ammo until better ammo was invented, I can tell you that .38 lead ball is terrible. Wadcutters, which are leadball cut flat in front used for target practice is actually a better choice for self defense since it flattens some and cuts a hole . But .38 jacketed hollow points, or hollow cavity (which is different) is a better choice. People tend to believe what they see on tv. Fact: A shotgun will not knock someone back four feet. They drop where they are standing.

Last edited:
   / Should have used hollow points! #66  
   / Should have used hollow points! #67  
In New Jersey, apparently.

My research on this indicates you cannot possess the hollow point bullets outside of your home or other property. There are some weasel words in the law that you can use them at a range, but just how you transport them legally is in question. It also says in the law "bullet" not cartridge.. so it is the bullet itself that is evil. Best answer is don't ever go to New Jersey with anything gun related as they are all bat crap anti-gun crazy up there. Any state that would actually write a law against the possession of hollow point defensive ammunition is in my book bat crap crazy and should be avoided. Hollow point ammunition is far less dangerous to bystanders than using Full Metal Jacketed ammo as an example. But they are either too rabid anti gun, anti self defense or just plain too stupid to realize that. So yes Hollow points are illegal in New Jersey as a practical matter.

James K0UA

/ Should have used hollow points! #68  

And they were lucky - the Ferries were held for 66 hours (although burglars were jailed in this case):

Andy Ferrie and Tracey Ferrie: 'Burglars' shot by homeowner during a break-in are discharged from hospital and face police questioning | Mail Online

And of course Tony Martin served 3 years (of 5 year sentence) for killing a burglar:

Tony Martin (farmer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J

/ Should have used hollow points! #70  
what do you know the pic they used of him is a police mugshot, not some pic of him in a hospital bed or in the ambulance, wonder if he is a repeat offender???