Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #161  
There is another large munitions plant down by McCallister OK. I think that makes rounds for the military too. But I don't know what calibers they make. Lake City stuff is good ammo. I could use a few crates of 5.56mm now with lets say green tip 62 grain?

James K0UA

Not sure but looking at their website, they may make big things that go boom...not so much small arms.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #162  
Confused you said 1.6billion rounds a YEAR, so how can you say that they produce a BILLION a WEEK. I think you must of originally said that they should produce 1.6Billion a WEEK not YEAR?

Whats the other large arsonal that provides military, isint there another?

I was quoting Forgeblast post that said ALL (civillian, military) plants combined were producing 1 Billion rounds per week. - quoted again next paragraph:

"....AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line."

Then I was comparing the military use from Lake City. The article I posted was from military sources that said Lake City makes 99% of all small arms ammo for the Army - to the tune of 1.6 billion rounds per YEAR.

Like I mentioned, Lake City is only two miles from my house. I know many many people who work there.

Lake City is it for small arms ammo. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_City_Army_Ammunition_Plant

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #163  
The largest gun shop in the area,got promised two "bricks of .22" by his whole-saler!Two bricks!I have plenty of everything and reload for the bigger stuff.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #164  
I have something like 16,000 rounds with much of it 22lr. It's been accumulating for a while. When I was still willing to business with Walmart I'd buy a box of 550 22lr ammo on each visit. It took everything I had to go in that place and now I just won't do it anymore. I do think that it's becoming clear Feinstein's bill would again cost Democrats their job thus the bill in its present form is dead and 22lr wasn't at risk anyway. Even if the panic subsides, there's a delay in any logistics pipeline.

Lesson learned, though, and I'll be putting enough away so my grandchildren never have to buy a single round.

Sensible man. I'm satisfied with a 5 year supply, and since I go to the range a lot, that's a LOT of ammo. It's always cheaper to buy ahead, anyway. I'm still shooting .308 that I paid $0.40 a round for. Yeah, that was the price just 5 years ago. :(

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #165  
Sensible man. I'm satisfied with a 5 year supply, and since I go to the range a lot, that's a LOT of ammo. It's always cheaper to buy ahead, anyway. I'm still shooting .308 that I paid $0.40 a round for. Yeah, that was the price just 5 years ago. :(

Umm I have been buying .243 for 10 years or more and .30 06 for maybe 8+ years I never remember those prices. I even buy the cheapest shelf ammo when I did buy it. either rem Corlokt or Winchester powerpoints. I think the cheapest I remember was maybe $13-15 which is still over $0.50/round.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #166  
The local sporting goods store got another shipment of Remington 525 packs today. They had about 24 cases/12 packs each of 525rds but you could only buy one 525rd pack per person. So some rimfire ammo is still moving through the system out there.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #167  
The local sporting goods store got another shipment of Remington 525 packs today. They had about 24 cases/12 packs each of 525rds but you could only buy one 525rd pack per person. So some rimfire ammo is still moving through the system out there.

That is good to know, maybe this nightmare will end soon... Oh by the way that store has more .22 rimfire than the whole states of Ar. and Mo. combined:)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #168  
My son just picked up a 6.8 SPC upper today and he said the store had 9mm in stock in 500 round packs.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #169  
Every time there is a news story about a guy with a "virtual arsenal" I cringe. He had a rifle a shotgun, two pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammo!

What would they say about someone with eight rifles, six shotguns, twenty pistols and several thousands of rounds of ammo. Oh and the reloading supplies; thousands of empty cartridges, primers, projectiles and pounds of powder.

This should be a lesson, call me a 70's survivalist, a 21st Century Prepper or plain old hoarder, I'm buying it for myself and my kids!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #170  
Every time there is a news story about a guy with a "virtual arsenal" I cringe. He had a rifle a shotgun, two pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammo!

What would they say about someone with eight rifles, six shotguns, twenty pistols and several thousands of rounds of ammo. Oh and the reloading supplies; thousands of empty cartridges, primers, projectiles and pounds of powder.

This should be a lesson, call me a 70's survivalist, a 21st Century Prepper or plain old hoarder, I'm buying it for myself and my kids!

Glad to hear you have a "starter kit" assembled .I have to laugh when some suburban commando talks about being ready for anything with a High point 9mm and a box of shells ! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.