Once in a lifetime........

/ Once in a lifetime........ #32  
It looks like from the OP sig that he has a YM2210D. Fredricks has some good ROPs info on their site and I think they are the source for most of the Yanmar ROPs. http://fredricksequipment.com/storage/rops-manuals/Family 4.pdf

Steve

YanmarRops.jpg

Here is the mounting pic from Steve's link.

The ROPS appears to be mounted on the rear cover of the PTO, along with half a U-Bolt around the axle holding on the fenders. The bolts appear to only be in the cover, but you would have to verify that they don't extend into the transmission.

I assume that is the part number provided by Winston, Part number 194310-24350, although I don't see it online.

Anyway, talk to Yanmar about that piece. Is it available?

Perhaps you've been dreaming of a fancy new green or orange tractor, but I would hardly think this would constitute scrapping the tractor, just likely a pain to put in. Maybe you'll get some new bearings out of the fiasco. :D Depending on the sheet metal damage, that could probably be repaired too.

Depending on what happened, you might also consider attaching the ROPS to all of the axle U-Bolts/nuts, (4 holes on each side), and send some photos and an explanation to Fredricks, if they manufactured the ROPS.

/ Once in a lifetime........ #33  
We haven't heard if this is a Fredricks ROPS or that other brand that claims OSHA compliance.

/ Once in a lifetime........
Yes, it's the same ROPS. Looks like the cover will fix the tractor.......plus a little PTO disassembly and reassembly !

Today is the first time I have been able to look at the tractor with a clear head. I'll get her in the garage tomorrow and start the work.

Now to find the cover. Thanks to Winston1 for the link, I'll call Steve Monday, and Hoye as well if Spalding doesn't have it.

As always, I really appreciate the knowledge and support.

/ Once in a lifetime........ #36  
Cant wait to see some pictures. I think I have the same rops on my 2020, and i am concerned that it detached it self from the tractor. I cant remember the manufacturer of the rops but I think would need to see how this failed. Especially if the u bolt connections failed as well.

Last edited:
   / Once in a lifetime........ #37  
I installed the same ROPS as Stormpetrel (Group 4) in 2006. Photos. I think the u-bolts are simply the same ones (or maybe longer replacements) that originally held the fenders in place. The ROPS' tab over the axle looks competent to resist downward force. But those u-bolts would snap, given a lot of upward force. Photo showing u-bolts.

Another comment: I researched the manufacturer shown on the ROPS compliance label. Custom Products of Litchfield. They produce a large variety of OSHA-certified rollover structures for mining equipment, loggers, etc as well as farm tractors. I surmise that Fredricks went to Yanmar-USA's original supplier for these.

Edited: added group & mfr.

Last edited:
   / Once in a lifetime........ #38  
Mine was purchased through Hoye but its called the "Frederick Family 6" and manufactured by Custom Products of Litchfield.

3b746f27-6f03-4c3e-81cd-988cae753f03_zps895d0fd2.jpg

/ Once in a lifetime........
I called Spalding, the cover's on the way. Two or three places had a 2210 parts tractor, Spalding was the only one who returned my call after speaking with them.

/ Once in a lifetime........ #40  
Good deal. We haven't seen pics. I hope you get it fixed all back