Pricing Thoughts on 2520

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520
You should be able to call your Deere dealer to check this out. Make sure you get a properly ezecuted bill of sale in your state.

Thanks for the help!

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #12  
there is nothing wrong with the tractor or the seller as it seems. he had it listed on ebay but did not make the reserve. The guy has 100 percent feedback too and has sold boats and cars equaling thousands of dollars.
here thes listing for the tractor. but I would also do what jenkin said too
John Deere Riding Lawn Mower w Bagger Loader Sprayer and Spreader | eBay

Yeah, I bid but it didn't make the reserve, so I'm trying to work something out with the seller now. I thought everything looked to be good, just asking for some advice and additional thoughts.

Now, hopefully nobody sees the above post and tries to buy it out from under me and makes me regret asking for advice here...

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #14  
I was just recently considering either the 2520 or the 1026 for my smaller tractor, so I have looked at a few of the 2520's recently. I really like that machine and that is a great price for everything. It really does seem almost too good to be true, but there are sometimes deals out there. Good luck with it, and let us know how it turns out. That way I can live vicariously through someone that great a better deal than I did and a great tractor.

Well, the deal may be falling through. The seller does have a lien, and has said he will pay it off after I pay him for the tractor. Since I don't know the guy from Adam, even though he does check out through eBay and he SAYS he is an honest man, it's not a chance I'm willing to take ($13k is a lot of money for me). I'm still working with him, and volunteered to work with JD to pay off the loan and pay him the balance in cash, but he doesn't want to do that as he says he doesn't have the time to mess with it. Soo, we'll see how it goes, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. :(

EDIT: He called me back and is willing to allow me to bring two cashier's checks, one to JD for the amount on the loan, and one to him for the remainder. Back to thinking seriously about it. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
   / Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #16  
Honestly, I checked out the location as I am searching for a bare 2520(no loader or mower). The best local price I found was $12500. Yours is a way better deal. Contact JD and see if they would actually repo the tractor if you paid for it. Its worth the effort I think. That looks like a smoking deal. I would chase it a little more. I am in santa fe nm on my way back home to Winnipeg, mb.

Could you get it in writing that he will pay off the lien after the sale?

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #17  
did the guy say he actually has a lien on it or is it just not paid off and making payments on it.

did the guy say he actually has a lien on it or is it just not paid off and making payments on it.

He says he has a loan on it and is making payments on it. I guess, technically, it may not have a lien. However, we have come to an agreement that I will bring two checks, one to JD for the payoff on the loan and one to him for the difference between purchase price and payoff. I think that's fair, and makes me feel a LOT better about it.

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #19  
I would give JD financial a call. I ran into a similar sale and the seller gave me all the information: account number etc. I called JD and they would transfer ownership to me after receiving the check to pay off the balance. Told me they do that all the time. Very good price on the tractor!

Maybe because of the distance you could arrange something like an electronic transfer to JD financial while at the sellers residence, and then hand over the second check and drive off with the tractor.

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #20  
I was thinking about this tractor earlier today, and I was wondering if there was any news on it. I really like that idea of arranging it with JD before hand and then making the final transfers while you're there. Other than a good ebay rating you don't know much about this guy, and when things seem too good to be true...

Be sure to let us know how it goes.