BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #281  

Next week it goes to work. One more mod tomorrow then the hoe comes off and the chipper/Shredder goes on.

OK here's the latest mod. I didn't see much interest in the shots I posted on the first part of building this latest mod so I'll just cut to the chase and post the finished product.

I'm calling this mod "Stihl Here".

Yes I blocked one way to exit the machine BUT I've never got out on the right side of a machine even when I operated BIG heavy equipment. To many obstacles in the way. Yes some might ask what IF you have to jump clear of the machine? Well as an operator we were always told the safest place for you to be in the case of a roll over is on the machine. You go to jump clear you get run over by the machine.

Now that we got that out of the way here's my solution to storing my chainsaw on the tractor. I have all the leg room I need, It's in easy reach in a convenient location. It's strong and I'm happy with it. It took a bit of milling, drilling, countersinking and welding but it was a nice little project. I also included a storage area for the axe.

Here's how it looks :)

I have a question on how you have the SMV sign attached to your backhoe. A few days ago, I found the bracket laying in the dirt for my B26 but couldn't find a mounting place for it. I finally found an old photo and it looks to be held on with a hose clamp to the dipper stick cylinder. Got to be something better than that to hold this bracket on.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #282  
I have a question on how you have the SMV sign attached to your backhoe. A few days ago, I found the bracket laying in the dirt for my B26 but couldn't find a mounting place for it. I finally found an old photo and it looks to be held on with a hose clamp to the dipper stick cylinder. Got to be something better than that to hold this bracket on.

That's exactly how mine is held on. It uses a simple hose clamp to attach the bracket.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #283  
As always looks great and exemplifies your signature line.:thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

That's exactly how mine is held on. It uses a simple hose clamp to attach the bracket.

That's a great question and the answer has already been mentioned. It's held on with a lousy hose clamp. Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to do something about that tomorrow. I thought that was terribly cheap to use a hose clamp to hold a safety devise in place .:mad:

As always looks great and exemplifies your signature line.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much. Two more small mods tomorrow and its all done :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #285  
Well Matt as you already know, our youngest Navy son got married last summer so we are always hopeful for a grandchild. The Kubota pedal tractor was won by its owner and I got it for $30. It will stay in the collection until we get a grandchild. So far all the Newley weds have to offer is two Grand Dogs which we do love. ;)

I don't have critters; but my Mom had a beagle when I was a kid and she'd just love those two your son and daughter-in-law have.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #286  
That's got to be the best looking saw holder ever added to a tractor, awesome job Paul. :thumbsup:

Guys this is how I got rid of that hoe clamp holding the SMV sign on the back. I used a 2 1/4 muffler clamp and it's much more rigid now. Their clamp looked more like an after thought than anything else. :confused3:

Kubota's way.

My way

I don't have critters; but my Mom had a beagle when I was a kid and she'd just love those two your son and daughter-in-law have.

We had our little Beagle for 13 years. It was the kindest little thing you could ever want to have around. She's been gone 7 years and we still miss her.

That's got to be the best looking saw holder ever added to a tractor, awesome job Paul. :thumbsup:

Thank you Ramsay :)

This morning I installed the LED Kubota lights. These are the latest offering Kubota has for the BX series tractors. The part number for the kit is #BX7346. I really like the quality. They are all aluminum and steel. No plastic other than the switches and the switches are weather proof. They are also plug'en play. They are powered up when the head lights are on but each light can be turned off individually with each of their switches.
The photo's should be self explanatory with one exception. In photo #6 I used some aluminum stick on's to keep the wiring harness in place. The black tie raps weren't that great an idea under the fender because there was no place to attach them to.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #288  
Nice!

How much were the factory lights, Paul? I tried searching the part number but got noting

Nice!

How much were the factory lights, Paul? I tried searching the part number but got noting

I think they retail for$220. plus tax for the kit. They are a brand new offering by Kubota Canada so they might not be in the system yet. Call your dealer and check. Photo's of the lighting will be posted tonight.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #290  
This morning I installed the LED Kubota lights. These are the latest offering Kubota has for the BX series tractors. The part number for the kit is #BX7346. I really like the quality. They are all aluminum and steel. No plastic other than the switches and the switches are weather proof. They are also plug'en play. They are powered up when the head lights are on but each light can be turned off individually with each of their switches.
The photo's should be self explanatory with one exception. In photo #6 I used some aluminum stick on's to keep the wiring harness in place. The black tie raps weren't that great an idea under the fender because there was no place to attach them to.

We have yet to see any of the new lights on, but it seems like these will be fairly redundant with your "ditch lights". I'll be really curious to see the difference between them (and the sum of them as well).

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet