Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available?

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #21  
For those concernded about Roundup ready corn consumtion;you are already eating plenty of it.All corn based products are made from "field"corn not sweet corn.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #22  
As I've said before, Monsanto is pure evil.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #23  
We are surrounded by many miles of corn and soybean fields. These are all sprayed with Roundup every year.

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #24  
Bayer has a checkered past as well- Bayers parent (IG Farben) produced Zyklon B (the gas used in the gas chambers) and the asprin they are so famous for was founded by (Arthur Eichengrun) to this day they give credit to someone else..They produce some of the nicotinoids, which are banned in some European countries, links have been found to bee colony collapse disorder.

Since bees pollinate so many different plants, should a huge bee die off occur and once Almond growers lose a large portion of their production (profits), then something will happen with the large corporations since they author many of the state laws that get passed (thru ALEC).
Until then i don't see much chance that consumer advocate groups will have any effect on food safety...

Also who runs the FDA, most of the last 20 years the most powerful people, have been revolving door people such as head council for Monsanto... How much strict oversight is going to be pursued when you have the fox managing the hen house... I don't blame the large farmers either tho, the big seed, insecticide multi nationals and the government have them trapped to some extent, they have to survive in a system that forces them to operate in a model they have little control over.

I don't know what the answer is but some multi nationals are getting to large and powerful and the new Monsanto protection law is crazy -If it is allowed to stand, it sounds like Not even the Supreme court can stop them should their products harm people , they can just ignore a courts ruling, to stop marketing a product. democracy is supposed to work for all the people in society not just the the large corporations... The new free trade agreements allow corporations to ignore a Countries long standing laws...where will it all end, i think with a few more people in the 1% wealth category and a whole lot more poor and sick people working as surfs most of their days...

wow- where did that come from??:shocked::laughing:

Last edited:
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #25  
Imagine, a flowing field or patch of sweet corn with no weeds and no grass from the simple act of spraying Roundup over the crop?

There's nothing better on a hot summer day than to chill on the porch sipping a glass of glyphosate. YUM

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #26  
   / Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #27  
There's nothing better on a hot summer day than to chill on the porch sipping a glass of glyphosate. YUM

actually I believe some Indian farmers have done exactly that, after they went from barely making a living or breaking even, to losing everything including the small farm that had been in the family for many generations, They bought in- to the great profit making strategy sold to them as part of planting bt cotton. Not an isolated incidence either, #s in the thousands...

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #28  
i wont touch the stuff. ill grow my own non lethal corn. dont buy store bought

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #29  
Future generations are going to look back in disbelief that it was legal to poison the planet. Shame on us!

/ Did you know Roundup Ready sweet corn is now available? #30  
Monsanto gets a lot of bad rap. Bayer (the same company researching drugs to save you is also one of the leading companies in insecticides) has done a really good job at maintaining a positive image in the public's eye.

I don't think Bayer has a clean image. After all, they make products that make you ill, so they can sell the pharmaceuticals to *try* to cure you. Might be good for their bottom line, but not for us.