BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #611  
When it's restored.
Very similar. I think the pic you posted added some things that are not original form, but it is probably just a different model. I love that pic! Thanks for posting it!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #612  
Yes, we grow everything bigger in Texas, even the blasted thorns!

I forgot to mention on the tires, that with mine coming as a complete assembly, and the wheel being thicker, I also had to get longer mounting bolts for attaching to the tractor. Didn't need much longer, approx. 1/2 inch.

I used the tractor for the entire horse pasture today. We had a breeze, (WIND), that helped make the temps more tolerable. Might not get that again for a while, so figured I'd take advantage of it. I have the nice beginnings of a suntan too!

I tried to see if I could make the front tires slip a little when mowing, and trying to make very sharp turns. I had twice, both on a 20* incline, (going downhill, on already mowed, damp grass), that I thought I was going to get some good slippage. I think it took about 2-3 inches before it recovered and made the turn. So, not much at all, and I probably would have never noticed, had I not been trying to create the problem. Figured I'd find out if there were any new limitations, before I went back to autopilot, and forgot my brain, at some point.

I mowed over the miserable mesquites, and never picked up a thorn, so I am very happy, right now. 16 acres mowed in the last 2 days, and 12 more to go with the brush hog. Another half an acre to do with the push mower. I always tend to forget how out of shape one can get in the winter. Luckily, winter isn't long, around here!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
Matt I think I'm going cross eyed. Your signature looks Russian to me :confused3: ;)

Well its been a few eventful days to say the least . Wifey and I had the last seven trees to cut down but there was a slight problem. Yup, power lines. Only one place to fall them and guess what? The second tree didn't want to fall that way and headed right for the power line.

To say there was a little bit of a bang 500 feet down the road on the primary fuse would be the biggest understatement so far in 2013. As all this unfolded there was a man, woman and their doggy walking down the road. Lets just say that that the dog will need a bath and the two people will need new britches now after the fright they got when the fuse popped. Blue smoke filled the air and yup you guess It again, no power. Folks were running out of their homes trying to figure out what happened on a quiet long weekend but most if them knew it was most likely me lol.

Anyway we called the power company and told them what happened. A half hour later they showed up and they had the gear I needed. I told them about the 40 foot trees that we were trying to remove and the guys said "Paul, sit back, relax, we'll look after that for you".

They got their saws out, boom in the air with winch and starting cutting the tops off the trees and working their way down.
They cut all the trees down for us. Tighten the wiring service coming into the building then replaced the primary fuse and all we had to do was clean up. Life was good again.
Great guys who went above and beyond their call of duty.

I think the lady, man and dog will be ok as well after they get 6-12 mounts of counselling for the fright they got when the fuse popped :laughing:

e38824da9633ae0cbca93701cbe46882_zps11919ebd.jpg

54da688d529d3a4c1664620021dcf48f_zpse26d4181.jpg

d058ab51c61b6f606e56f82393a9effb_zps848fd18d.jpg

a67d5f54b8fe93512f65d237c7754ad6_zps5087d4f7.jpg

16d5d1df4a72dbc4434da20d65ef6cda_zps795da065.jpg

366b9974e08846cbaf8d8001d051f5d6_zps27e1f6f2.jpg

da923f8d1b15ca0fb03a8cf6b939c0f6_zpsfdcdffb2.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #615  
LOL, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm moving to Newfoundland!!! Do you know what the linesman would be like if I dropped a tree on a power line on a long weekend around here :laughing:. Not much chance they'd give me a hand cutting trees, just a couple gnarly looks and a big fat bill for their time.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #616  
Matt I think I'm going cross eyed. Your signature looks Russian to me :confused3: ;)
Its Ukrainian.

LOL, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm moving to Newfoundland!!! Do you know what the linesman would be like if I dropped a tree on a power line on a long weekend around here :laughing:. Not much chance they'd give me a hand cutting trees, just a couple gnarly looks and a big fat bill for their time.
Yep. Same around here.

Aaron Z

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #617  
..., boom in the air with winch and starting cutting the tops off the trees and working their way down.

Oh, man. I can hardly wait for this one. I smell a SUPER-mod coming on. :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #618  
Wow, 4shorts, you could write a book on all this....:laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

The linemen were fantastic. Good mood, willing to help in any way they could. Even apologized for leaving the mess on the ground. I told them how much I appreciated their help. Its the Newfie way I guess. I shouldn't be posting this sort of thing, the next thing you'll all want to move here ;)

Oh, man. I can hardly wait for this one. I smell a SUPER-mod coming on. :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

No no. That won't happen but I did put in a request for a truck like that for Fathers Day ;)

Wow, 4shorts, you could write a book on all this....:laughing:

This thread is long enough to be a book. I just couldn't resist posting this story. I just thought some of you might enjoy it. See I can get myself in deep poop too :laughing:

Well I got two more loads of fill and a load of Class "A". The good part now is I can use the 5740 to move it now. You'll all tired of this thread yet? If your not I'll post a few more pics with the 5740 with actual dirt in its bucket :laughing:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #620  
Well I got two more loads of fill and a load of Class "A". The good part now is I can use the 5740 to move it now. You'll all tired of this thread yet? If your not I'll post a few more pics with the 5740 with actual dirt in its bucket :laughing:
You are allowed to put dirt in the bucket of the 5740? I thought it had a snow only bucket :D

Aaron Z