2013 Hay Season

/ 2013 Hay Season
Nice, tight bales! That Vermeer is doing the job! :thumbsup:

Are you working in the field across the fence, too?

AKfish[/QUOT
Yeah that's me also.,I made 34rolls on 22ac,better than nada...
I string tied some,just checking it out but baler done good,been pleased with it...

/ 2013 Hay Season #12  
looks like we wont be cutting till the rain moves out.but the coastal is about 3wks late more or less.we have rye an clover ready to cut but we are letting it grow as much as possable.

/ 2013 Hay Season
I cut my lease place thursday,mostly Rye some coastal was up and very few weeds. I wonted to clean it up some,spraying Grazon and liquid and it next week when I get off. 20ac only made 22bales but I don't mind,it was cut thursday got 2/10ths rain on it and baled it sunday. IMG-20130526-00308.jpgIMG-20130524-00302.jpg

/ 2013 Hay Season #15  
Here in Sweden it will be another month before we can take hay (some probably start very soon with silage). I don't need any hay myself but bale for others with a small square baler. Looking forward!

/ 2013 Hay Season #16  
Making hay today! Cut on Friday and Saturday and teddered each day at least once some of it twice. Baled today without a single broken or banana bale! It is mostly my BIL's operation but you can see my Kubota MX5100 and the baler in the background. His Kubota M5700 had a front tire spring a leak where the tire was patched last year. He lost all the fluid. He had to use my tractor to do the baling. He would have used it to continue mowing but his disc mower requires rear remotes and I haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

Time for a glass of iced tea.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 429
   / 2013 Hay Season #18  
Looks like nice hay. How do you get it out of the field?

/ 2013 Hay Season #19  
Looks like nice hay. How do you get it out of the field?

We hire crews of teenage young men to stack the bales on trucks and trailers. The bales go from the field to the barn where again the crews of high school guys, under direction of my wife, stack the hay in the barn.

It is labor intensive, but we can pay a lot of help for the cost of a round baler and retrofitting the feeding troughs in the barn.

/ 2013 Hay Season #20  
Around here it's been so wet only the forage guys have been doing any hay. Some of the fields around here have water standing on them and I know a few guys still planting corn because it's been such a cold wet spring. 10 days ago Whiteface mountain got nearly 36" of snow. Tonight it's suppose to start raining again through Sunday morning. Haven't had a cold wet spring like this I can remember, wet maybe, but not this cold.