Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"?

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #11  
I purchased a Hustler Raptor 52" recently and love it. The welded heavy duty deck and Kawasaki engine were the biggest sellers for me. A trusted friend in the lawn care business recommended it. I mow an acre as well with mild slopes...it would help if the Raptor had larger rear tires for less slippage, but you can't have it all.

Here is some helpful info on the Hustler Raptor: https://www.empowernetwork.com/thevictors/?p=81

Last edited:
   / Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #12  
Another happy 52" Raptor owner. Purchased the flex forks after reading a number of positive comments about them. They work great and really do make for a smooth ride. The dealer encouraged me to consider the larger deck. Didn't know how much I'd like it but it's worked out better than I thought it would for trimming under trees and bushes and out over sidewalks, curbs and patios. And it sure is faster than my 21" Honda has been and the cut quality is equal if not better.

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #13  
I have the raptor 42" and love it. It should easily last 10 years!

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #14  
I am thinking about buying the Raptor 52". Do you guys think it would handle 2.5 acres of grass, or is that pushing it? Can't really afford the bigger ZTR's.

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #15  
I am thinking about buying the Raptor 52". Do you guys think it would handle 2.5 acres of grass, or is that pushing it? Can't really afford the bigger ZTR's.

How much does that Hustler Raptor cost???? The Gravely ZT HD 52 has a MSRP of $5,099 and it "definitely" would handle 2.5 acres(it carries a 1 Year Commercial Warranty which is always a good indication of "durability"). What's your maximum budget and maybe we can give you some additional recommendations? I'm partial to Gravely's because I have a 2012 and love it, but will recommend others that will fit your needs/budget!!

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #16  
How much does that Hustler Raptor cost???? The Gravely ZT HD 52 has a MSRP of $5,099 and it "definitely" would handle 2.5 acres(it carries a 1 Year Commercial Warranty which is always a good indication of "durability"). What's your maximum budget and maybe we can give you some additional recommendations? I'm partial to Gravely's because I have a 2012 and love it, but will recommend others that will fit your needs/budget!!

The Hustler Raptor costs $2999.00 plus tax. That is pretty close to what little budget that I have. It comes with a three year warranty. This is a residential mower. Hustler Turf Products - Residential Mowers - Raptor *NEW*

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #18  
Well, now the plot thickens. As I continued with my research, I stumbled on this video. I think I will wait to see what this new model of Raptor has to offer.

Hustler Raptor Super Duty Teaser - YouTube

Well, all of the Raptor owners in this thread seem to love theirs, but I read a post on another forum recently where an owner had nothing but problems with a 52" from day one and returned it to the dealer afer 5 hours of mowing and swapped it for a FasTrak Super Duty. The dealer said hes was going to discontinue carrying the Raptor line because this guy wasn't the dealers first customer with a similar experience. So form what I've seen about the Raptor(and most other $3K residential ZTR's)..."the jury's out". Of course, my recommendation of the Gravely @ approx. $5K is way over your budget. All I can say is $3K ZTR's are designed for residential light duty of yards 1/2 acre or so.....so maybe you need to let us know what your mowing needs are(acreage, how often you mow, how long you expect your investment to last, your maximum budget, etc.) and we will try to recommend the best we can.

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #19  
Well, all of the Raptor owners in this thread seem to love theirs, but I read a post on another forum recently where an owner had nothing but problems with a 52" from day one and returned it to the dealer afer 5 hours of mowing and swapped it for a FasTrak Super Duty. The dealer said hes was going to discontinue carrying the Raptor line because this guy wasn't the dealers first customer with a similar experience. So form what I've seen about the Raptor(and most other $3K residential ZTR's)..."the jury's out". Of course, my recommendation of the Gravely @ approx. $5K is way over your budget. All I can say is $3K ZTR's are designed for residential light duty of yards 1/2 acre or so.....so maybe you need to let us know what your mowing needs are(acreage, how often you mow, how long you expect your investment to last, your maximum budget, etc.) and we will try to recommend the best we can.

What do you base this on? I have cut 3.5 semi-rough acres with a 50" Toro Timecutter for the last 5 years. The only thing I've had to replace was the fuel solenoid....besides filters / oil / etc... You make a pretty bold statement, can you back it up with data or experience?

There is no disputing that commercial grade mowers can be better quality. But if you are only putting 50 hours or so per year on the machine, don't overlook the "$3k" mowers.

/ Does anyone know about the Huster Raptor 42"? #20  
What do you base this on? I have cut 3.5 semi-rough acres with a 50" Toro Timecutter for the last 5 years. The only thing I've had to replace was the fuel solenoid....besides filters / oil / etc... You make a pretty bold statement, can you back it up with data or experience?

There is no disputing that commercial grade mowers can be better quality. But if you are only putting 50 hours or so per year on the machine, don't overlook the "$3k" mowers.

The area that I will be mowing is 2.5 acres, and that is grass. So is it safe to assume that the Raptor will easily do the job? I went and looked at the machine over the weekend, looks like to me it is a dandy mower.