First loader..how does this FEL placement look?

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #1  

Desert Bred

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 CKC TS 254 (Fei Dong 295T1)
Is this recessed too far back? Should it be more forward.. I removed the bumper and just welded/bolted the adapter plate onto the frame..

The loader is a MF216-

IMG_2273.JPG

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #2  
I would install the FEL without the bucket (supported by an engine cherry picker or some other form of adequate support) and make sure the cross brace will clear the front of the tractors hood.

You may want to check this before finish welding and bolting the frame.. hope this makes sense, some loader cross braces don't have much clearance

Here's a shot of mine rhino-dirt pile 006.JPG -see how close the cross beam is to the hood- also the loader forward brace looks kind of low ??
The FEL is going to have a width that cannot be adjusted ,so the support frame has to be set to the correct width also...
can you post some more pictures of the support frame and FEL- it might help

also Congrats on getting a loader, they are the handiest add on to a tractor
and the uses seem to be endless

Last edited:
   / First loader..how does this FEL placement look?
Great idea i didn't think of removing the bucket to check. that would definitely work as long as the front bumper mount will hold it i think it may without the bucket.

here are some more pics.. this would be one of my first welding jobs so i'm hesitant to start. the frame of the FEL is much shorter than i expected - the arms don't even reach to the back axel, and even seem to be hanging much lower than needed. chop. i don't have the fel on hand but came across this one from a member here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105265...key=Gv1sRgCMentZvsy6yi9wE#5740938277018160514

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

thanks for the ideas. i really appreciate it. i wouldn'tve thought about that one.

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #4  
I think I would add on to the sub-frame to extend it back far enough to tie on to the axles. Even if you could find some place to bolt it to at the position now, it wont be very strong. I am thinking that the position you have mounted it to in front is too close. Also make sure that you are able to open the hood for service.

Here goes.. it's almost recessed completely back into position with 3-4" it will need to go back. this loader looks like its resting high in my opinion but the cylinders look like they can still go down a bit.
the power steering cylinder is in the way.
the vertical intake column is in the way
the muffler is in the way.

IMG_2274.JPGIMG_2275.JPG

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #6  
Here goes.. it's almost recessed completely back into position with 3-4" it will need to go back. this loader looks like its resting high in my opinion but the cylinders look like they can still go down a bit.
the power steering cylinder is in the way.
the vertical intake column is in the way
the muffler is in the way.

The loader looks too small, I don't think the bucket will reach the ground.

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #7  
The loader looks too small, I don't think the bucket will reach the ground.

Agreed. It might be an optical illusion but it looks like the forward arms are going to be almost vertical when the bucket is on the ground. Structurally thats not good. And you wont be able to curl the bucket enough either. It looks far higher above the front wheels than mine.

i'm afraid you guys are right:eek:

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #9  
I think that loader is identical to the one I had on my 641 Ford. It worked great on that size tractor.

Pan

/ First loader..how does this FEL placement look? #10  
It can be used on that tractor. It depends on what you expect to load or use it for. I would lower the front subframe mounting points a bit and definitely brace to the rear axle.