kubota bx25

/ kubota bx25 #1  

thelegendvaslett

Tractor
kubota bx25
I have a kubota bx25 she stalled on me yesterday and could not get it going again, I have fuel stabalizer in it and stuff. my brother in law came I tried to put a hairdryer on the fuel filter but it still was too cold, I put it in neutral and my father in law toed me up to my house. warmed up charged the battery and now when I try to start it is not starting it lights up but wont crank over, Checked the pto lever and wiggled it trying to start it and also the switches under the seat, all worked fine before this happened, One thing the pedals feel this one can start in gear callled the dealer they said it could be the switch under where the pedals are went out and got wet trying to move the pedal to the neutral postion without and luck. I have one switch taped down and the other one (grey) goes down with the seat I also tried the pto lever to make sure it was back all the way without any luck all I get is everything lighting up and the fuel pump kicking over with a clicking noise wont turn over up to my wits end here.

/ kubota bx25
I have a kubota bx25 she stalled on me yesterday and could not get it going again, I have fuel stabalizer in it and stuff. my brother in law came I tried to put a hairdryer on the fuel filter but it still was too cold, I put it in neutral and my father in law toed me up to my house. warmed up charged the battery and now when I try to start it is not starting it lights up but wont crank over, Checked the pto lever and wiggled it trying to start it and also the switches under the seat, all worked fine before this happened, One thing the pedals feel this one can start in gear callled the dealer they said it could be the switch under where the pedals are went out and got wet trying to move the pedal to the neutral postion without and luck. I have one switch taped down and the other one (grey) goes down with the seat I also tried the pto lever to make sure it was back all the way without any luck all I get is everything lighting up and the fuel pump kicking over with a clicking noise wont turn over up to my wits end here.

ok so today I jumped the pto lever switch and no go and also the pedal sensor(neutral) with no luck at all this is killing me here any help would be much appreciated thankyou

/ kubota bx25 #3  
Is the range lever in neutral?

/ kubota bx25 #4  
Maybe if you could tell more of what you were doing at the time it stalled. Was the pto engaged ? After it stalled would it turn over before you towed it? Does the clutch have to be pushed in to start? Does it try at all to turn over ? Have you tried to jump start it off something ? even though you get lights might not be enough to turn over . just a thought

/ kubota bx25
Is the range lever in neutral?

I thought the dealer said it did not matter if it was in high range low range or neutral, I checked the switch for the neutral pedal and sprayed it and jumped it with a wire with no luck, still wont fire up at all he told me to jump the switches under the seat next?? I dunno I am running out of patience here.

/ kubota bx25 #6  
Do not run out of patience. Starting problems related to these two switches are VERY common. Adjusting HST switch is a bit tricky even for an experienced Kubota mechanic.

Relative to HST pedal----how cold is it where the tractor has been overnight? Congealed grease in the zerk may be holding the switch out of neutral position. (Why not complete location of Terrenceville?) There could be brush or ice jamming the linkage to the HST switch.

You can close the PTO switch under the seat with a piece of Velco or a cable tie.

Have you removed battery cables from battery posts and wire brushed cable ends until they are oxidation free? It only takes a voltage drop of .2 volt to prevent solenoid from closing.

Last edited:
   / kubota bx25 #7  
Maybe if you could tell more of what you were doing at the time it stalled. Was the pto engaged ? After it stalled would it turn over before you towed it? Does the clutch have to be pushed in to start? Does it try at all to turn over ? Have you tried to jump start it off something ? even though you get lights might not be enough to turn over . just a thought

Hamor is right on.

/ kubota bx25
o.k it was really cold so while I was pushing some snow it started to slowly die, Finally after it died my father in law showed up I tried to defrost the fuel filter with a hair dryer but it was to cold, My brother in law showed up with an extra battery to boost off of and it would turn over at that time but would not catch, After a hour or more of trying we decided to tow it back home. While my father law started to tow me I slipped it in to neutral from high range. I towed it to my house put the battery on charge and tested the battery the battery is fine, after I had the same thought of maybe not enough power so I tried boosting it with my car and then truck still the same everything lights up but wont turn over at all. So I pushed down the black sensor under the seat and taped it up to make sure that was not giving me trouble, yesterday I checked out and jumped the pto lever switch with a piece of wire and still no go. also did the same with the neutral pedal switch pushed it down and taped it in place with still no luck, called the dealer and he told me to try and jump the switches under to seat to see if that works?? Also he told me to get a meter and see if there is in fact power going to the starter both things I will do today. I also got on and rocked the pedals while turning the key and also moving the pto lever to make sure it was in place without any luck. any help at this point would be much appreciated seems I have a couple things left to do and its going to cost me alot of money to get it sent a long way to the dealer to get it fixed. also I can hear a clicking and the selonoid clicking if that is any help to you at all.and I have removed the cables cleaned them up and tighten back up and put them on? and every time I stop working on the tractor I put the battery back on charge for the next day to try again. Sorry the pto was not engaged when I was pushing snow I only moved it back in forth when trying to get into neutral when I realized it was on the other side.

thanks
Shane

/ kubota bx25
o.k it was really cold so while I was pushing some snow it started to slowly die, Finally after it died my father in law showed up I tried to defrost the fuel filter with a hair dryer but it was to cold, My brother in law showed up with an extra battery to boost off of and it would turn over at that time but would not catch.
After a hour or more of trying we decided to tow it back home. While my father law started to tow me I slipped it in to neutral from high range. I towed it to my house put the battery on charge and tested the battery( the battery is fine), After I had the same thought of maybe not enough power so I tried boosting it with my car and then truck still the same everything lights up but wont turn over at all.
So I pushed down the black sensor under the seat and taped it up to make sure that was not giving me trouble.
Yesterday I checked out and jumped the pto lever switch with a piece of wire and still no go. also did the same with the neutral pedal switch pushed it down and taped it in place with still no luck, called the dealer and he told me to try and jump the switches under to seat to see if that works?? Also he told me to get a meter and see if there is in fact power going to the starter both things I will do today
I also got on and rocked the pedals while turning the key and also moving the pto lever to make sure it was in place without any luck.
Any help at this point would be much appreciated seems I have a couple things left to do and its going to cost me alot of money to get it sent a long way to the dealer to get it fixed.
Also I can hear a clicking and the selonoid clicking if that is any help to you at all.
And I have removed the cables cleaned them up and tighten back up and put them on? and every time I stop working on the tractor I put the battery back on charge for the next day to try again. Sorry the pto was not engaged when I was pushing snow I only moved it back in forth when trying to get into neutral when I realized it was on the other side.

thanks
Shane

sorry just so excited that someone is helping me cant get all the info out at the same time:laughing:

/ kubota bx25 #10  
Well- first, can you confirm the engine is turning over or not? it sounds like it's not. This tells me one of safety switches might be on. Another thing - on BX's it does NOT matter if it in turtle, rabbit or neutral to start it. HST pedal absolutely must be centered. Try turning the key to start while rocking pedal it till the starter engages and keep the HST pedal there and then go glow the plows like normal and start like normal. If starter still wont engage, try pulling back on pto lever while turning the key to start,. perhaps the pto lever is out of adjustment. FYI - it makes no difference if you are sitting in the seat or not to start the BX. At least mine doesnt.

If you are trying to charge the battery, sounds like you been cranking it for a long time, pls dont. The BX really starts up quick even in cold temps after glowing for 30 seconds cycle once or twice depending on how cold.I dont engage starter more then 10 seconds if it wont start. I glow it again since the engine cylinders is not hot enough from the radiating cold thru engine block. Try to replace both fuel filters, esp. the one on bottom of tractor. while you are at it, make sure there is adequate flow from tank.
Also you mentioned you used fuel stablizer.. may I ask what kind are you using? We TBN'ers call it fuel additives and they have summer ones and winter ones. You may need to use 911 if your fuel gelled/waxed.