Texas Grapple Shootout

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #181  
I use one of my rear remotes and I do A LOT of grapple work. I would be okay with a 3rd function but I personally would not go to that expense. It is all second nature to me at this point and I am not even really aware that my hand moves from the joystick to the rear remote. But to each their own. Get what you like.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #182  
I use one of my rear remotes and I do A LOT of grapple work. I would be okay with a 3rd function but I personally would not go to that expense. It is all second nature to me at this point and I am not even really aware that my hand moves from the joystick to the rear remote. But to each their own. Get what you like.

See the way I had it figured, I could re-use most of the $150 I invested in hoses and fittings if I did not like the remote activation of the grapple and decided to go for the 3rd function.
But after using the remote (and extending it to make it even easier to reach) I decided I was happy with just using it as is. The motion is totally automatic now. But every one to their own.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #183  
In that case..........double hugs. I needed to do it for me.
hugs, hugs, Brandi

Brandi- proving again that there is never too many hugs.

Big ole bear hug, Charlie

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #184  
Don,
Wondering how many more hours you have used your grapple since the extra valve discussion took off?
Are you anymore comfortable using it just as you had it hooked up originally?

It sounded like your original problem was more of needing an additional remote to supply your box scraper tilt
than one of a dexterity problem in operating your grapple as you originally hooked it up.
Do you really need to operate the tilt on your box blade while using the grapple?

More goodies are fun to contemplate but often become just one more leak or electrical problem to fool
with down the road a bit in addition to not really improving efficiency that much.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #185  
More goodies are fun to contemplate but often become just one more leak or electrical problem to fool
with down the road a bit in addition to not really improving efficiency that much.

Exactly.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #186  
People need to realize that there is a wide spectrum of tractors on here and what works for you can be a bad idea for someone else. Not to mention defy the laws of physics. Here is a picture of the layout of my tractor. There is no way anybody could switch between levers quicker than keeping your hand on the FEL and pushing the button. I don't care how many years you practice you would still be faster and safer with the button.

image.jpg

My last two tractors have top and tilt and I wouldn't own one without it so I need three rear remotes just to run other hydraulics. TNT is not only great for grading, box blading etc, it makes hooking up heavy Cat 2 stuff a breeze. So not only is the third function valve faster for my snow plow and grapple, it frees up my third rear remote for other hydraulic needs.

And yes, it is more potential problems but the efficiency and safety of not removing my hand from the FEL control makes it the right choice for me.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #188  
Every time I use the rear blade, I keep thinking Top-N-Tilt and even hydraulic angle. would sure be nice.:) Oh well, just need 3 more rear remotes. :p Nothing a thousand bucks and some work wont fix.

/ Texas Grapple Shootout #189  
Every time I use the rear blade, I keep thinking Top-N-Tilt and even hydraulic angle. would sure be nice.:) Oh well, just need 3 more rear remotes. :p Nothing a thousand bucks and some work wont fix.

Any problem, buried deep in train ridin' dollars, is easily solved!