Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,092  
Glum factor here is 32 degrees and misting rain.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi- Come on-- You're no fun at all when you GLUM. Just a couple more of these cold fronts and the it's spring, and we'll all have our plates full with lots of stuff to keep us busy and out of trouble.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,093  
Patches of ice here, this morning. Told boss that I was sitting this one out. I don't trust the other crazies on the roads, especially with the chance of wintry mix thru 1800 this evening. Tomorrow should hit 50, and then be in the 70s by the weekend. I do hope this is the last of this winter stuff!

I did get some onions in the ground last weekend though!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,094  
Was wondering where you have been:confused3: Figured you met a new "Bou" and ran off into the sunset:D

Nope. Just been sitting here watching Y'all yap.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,095  
Brandi- Come on-- You're no fun at all when you GLUM. Just a couple more of these cold fronts and the it's spring, and we'll all have our plates full with lots of stuff to keep us busy and out of trouble.

Charlie
Sorry Charlie.:eek: You do know that was my Dad's middle name, well.........Charles.:thumbsup: Mom would say Sorry Charlie often.:anyone: Been too many days without the sun.:smiley_aafz: I don't remember a winter with at least some sunshine each week.

Actually, I have laying low here at home cooking up new projects.:licking: I'm gonna get back in raising rabbits:bunny: for meat.:licking::licking: I have been searching craigslist for cages and breeding stock. Slim pickings:thumbdown: out there right now.:melodramatic: Just youngsters for sale and no cage "giveaways":thumbsup:. I may build myself new cages.:wrench::hammer::money::bone: That will be $$$

Also, I almost bought two, full grown, Mallard drakes:duck::duck: and a hen:duck:. But they sold before I could get to see them. Now I am gonna order 5 pair of Mallards from McMurray Hatchery.:yes::applause::jump::hyper::cheerful: I plan on getting them in March. They will be day old and eager to bond with Me.:cloud9: I'll need to keep them in the barn under heat for a few weeks. I will also start Booger off near them and chase him away from them with my "training":mur::duh::fiery::censored::pullinghair::hissyfit: broom.

I am taking off Thursday night to go to Austin this weekend. I plan on stopping in Smithville to see a Hudson :cool2:sawmil:dance1:l demostrated.:drink:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,096  
bindian; If you have coyotes, foxes, stray dogs, etc., you will find that your "babies" will not be around long, once out on the water. (Ask me how I know.) Best to enjoy the migratory ducks and geese as they move, as well as seeing wild birds take up residence on your pond during the summer!

However, my Beagles say, raise those rabbits! They love rabbit stew!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,097  
However, my Beagles say, raise those rabbits! They love rabbit stew!

Are they "trained":D I had an uncle that had beagles, fun as H%ll watching them chase rabbits and coons. They are faster than ya think and loved the "job". I bet yours will do what ever mamma says too huh?:eek:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,098  
Of course, mine are trained! They are better behaved than most people's human kids. Not sure if that is a testament to my dogs, or a sad statement of lack of upbringing in today's youth.

My dogs love home cooking, and will do almost anything to get it! (However, like me, they are SICK of cold weather!) I know one will enjoy flying, this Spring, 'cause like me, she is always ready to go. Not sure about the other, as he'd rather stay home, most of the time.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,099  
Speakin' of glum. . . I was all set to sleep in this morning because we got a call last night that Alvord ISD was not opening schools until 10 AM. So, while I was snoozing under warm covers, I get a call at 8 AM saying school was closed today. Then, 1/2 hour later, the same call over again.:confused2: Then 1/2 hour later, my wife's cell phone rings with the same message.:mad: Sheesh! No rest for the wicked. . . :rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,100  
I plan on stopping in Smithville to see a Hudson sawmill demostrated

If I wasn't going to be in Houston on thursday for my MDA checkup - I'd want to know where in S'ville this sawmill demo is happening. Is it just thursday?