At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,612  
Do you remember Alice's Restaurant Massacre?

"Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on
Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the
Restaurant, but Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the
Church nearby the restaurant, in the bell-tower, with her husband Ray and
Fasha the dog. And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of
Room downstairs where the pews used to be in. Havin' all that room,
Seein' as how they took out all the pews, they decided that they didn't
Have to take out their garbage for a long time.

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there, and we decided it'd be
A friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump. So
We took the half a ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW
Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed
On toward the city dump.

Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the
Dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump
Closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off
Into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage.

We didn't find one. Until we came to a side road, and off the side of the
Side road there was another fifteen foot cliff and at the bottom of the
Cliff there was another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile
Is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we
Decided to throw our's down."

Trash piles have a way of growing.

Larro

LOL, what about the 27 8"x10" color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining them? And the blind judge?

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,613  
Well,

The trash pile from the neighboring foreclosure house magically got moved back to the property where the trash came from. That's all I'm sayin'. Closer inspection of the house revealed that the unfinished basement once had a finished bathroom in it. You could see signs where there had been insulation and sheetrock. There had been water damage in the walls that required gutting the walls.

The house is owned by a bank. Based on some paperwork at the house, the bank hired a contractor to do some cleanup work. Strangely, the same items to be cleaned up were in that pile in the woods. Apparently, the contractor chose to dump the debris in the woods on the edge of our property instead of hauling it off.

I haven't decided whether or not I should call the property management company and warn them that that pile had better not show back up in the woods. It's possible that the same contractor might move it back in the woods again.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,614  
Yesterday I finally advertised our rental house for rent on craigslist. I admit I procrastinated some on this part because I'm nervous about getting a bad renter. This is the first time I've ever rented out a house.

In the ad, I clearly stated no pets and no smoking. I've gotten 4 calls about the house. Three of the callers have dogs and the other caller has a wife who smokes. The guy who has a wife who smokes said his wife only smokes outside - right. One person texted me asking for the amount of the monthly rent and security deposit. Those were clearly stated in the ad :confused:. So I'm 0 for 4 so far for people calling to rent. At least I found out this stuff over the phone and didn't waste time meeting them at the house.

It seems like the ideal rental house to purchase already smells like smoke and dog pee.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,615  
Groundhog???
I just saw this animal in our front yard. I'm guessing it is a groundhog.

IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0401.JPG

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #5,616  
Looks like a groundhog to me.

/ At Home In The Woods #5,619  
Groundhog???
I just saw this animal in our front yard. I'm guessing it is a groundhog.

Waste no time in getting out the 22 rifle and eliminating this pest. It will find your wife's garden and never leave. Most likely starting a family to enjoy the fruits of her labor. :thumbsdown:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,620  
Yesterday I finally advertised our rental house for rent on craigslist. I admit I procrastinated some on this part because I'm nervous about getting a bad renter. This is the first time I've ever rented out a house.

In the ad, I clearly stated no pets and no smoking. I've gotten 4 calls about the house. Three of the callers have dogs and the other caller has a wife who smokes. The guy who has a wife who smokes said his wife only smokes outside - right. One person texted me asking for the amount of the monthly rent and security deposit. Those were clearly stated in the ad :confused:. So I'm 0 for 4 so far for people calling to rent. At least I found out this stuff over the phone and didn't waste time meeting them at the house.

It seems like the ideal rental house to purchase already smells like smoke and dog pee.

Obed

Do yourself a favor. Run their credit and criminal histories. Save yourself lots of headaches. Another problem, if they use federal aid to pay the rent, usually they won't put their "man" on the lease, but he for sure will stay there. You can usually weed these out with the credit and criminal background checks.