Flies- everywhere!

/ Flies- everywhere! #22  
Sticky fly strips work best to control flies in the house. As for outside, do you have anything attracting them? What kind of livestock do you have? How are you in cleaning up manure, and where do you deposit it? The best thing to do is to eliminate their food and breeding sources.

/ Flies- everywhere!
Sticky fly strips work best to control flies in the house. As for outside, do you have anything attracting them? What kind of livestock do you have? How are you in cleaning up manure, and where do you deposit it? The best thing to do is to eliminate their food and breeding sources.

We are currently using fly strips and they are working ok. We own 10 horses, 9 in pasture. As for manure, we spread it, not near the house. What prompted this is they have never been this bad. Kind of freaky.

/ Flies- everywhere!
The horse flies/deer flies or whatever they're called are horrible here. The damned things sting like bees and are as fast as a house fly. They're relentless once they sense you. When I drive in the yard, 50 or more swarm around my truck. They'll follow the truck out onto the street and drop off at about 25 mph.

Nasty, nasty things.

1/4 of a mile away...........none. go figgure.
Yep familiar with those pests. Really tear the horses up. They leave almost as quick as they arrive here, thankfully. We also get the love bugs about the same time. Another critter I can do without. Wash the truck daily when they are around.

/ Flies- everywhere! #26  
I fog every other night around the house and barn (only on still-air nights). No more mosquitoes, no more deer flies and no more flies. Spiders have moved on, too.

On the other side of the coin, the huge barn and tree swallow population has moved away to the woods (probably because the food supply has dwindled). I bought the propane powered fogger at a garage sale and get Cutter fluid/fogging oil and Home Depot. You can get a new Burgess fogger at HD for $70. $10 for the fluid. I use 1/3 of a container every other night.

Peace at last. Outdoor sleeping on the porch is back !

/ Flies- everywhere! #27  
Horse flies are brutal for sure, out on the tractor they are like freakin kamikazes!

/ Flies- everywhere! #28  
I did see this at the local co-op. Being it was toxic and we have 2 small kids, I was hesitant to use it. It has got to the point I may try it.

This stuff is very sweet and palatable. a friends dog got some and was dead pretty quick. I wouldn't have it around. It's not worth the risk.

/ Flies- everywhere! #29  
I have used Fly Eliminator from Arbico for the past three years with good results. That, combined with Blue Dixie Cups with Sticky stuff for the biting flies (horse/Deer/Yellow), seems to be keeping them down pretty well. I've added three additional horses since I started using them, so there is actually more manure than before.

Doesn't do anything for the mosquito's, but with the amount of rain we've had this year, thats to be expected.

/ Flies- everywhere! #30  
I have used Fly Eliminator from Arbico for the past three years with good results. That, combined with Blue Dixie Cups with Sticky stuff for the biting flies (horse/Deer/Yellow), seems to be keeping them down pretty well. I've added three additional horses since I started using them, so there is actually more manure than before.

Doesn't do anything for the mosquito's, but with the amount of rain we've had this year, thats to be expected.

This is the stuff my wife has been using for 4 years
our flies had been under control the last 3 years
went over to neighbors barn about 500 yrds from ours and the flies were terrible