Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #1  

bearskinner

Tractor
Kubota BX25D, Craftsman Platinum 24HP V twin
I just picked up a Kubota BX25D sub-compact. I also ordered the 60' snow blade for clearing my drive and access road. I have almost level ground here in N. Idaho, 300' winding drive and 2000' to main road. Roads to main are all good graded gravel. Here in N Idaho we get 5' of snow for the whole season with records being just about 20" in a two day period, possible in Dec and Jan. So not a lot USUALLY at one time, but ya never know. For anyone with one of these little compacts, how do these do PUSHING snow on gravel? I did not order wheel spacers or chains as I just retired and plan on "keeping up" on the removal process. I don't think I will need a snow blower ( maybe a little walk behind for around back of the house) Any suggestions, ideas from someone who has used these in the snow? especially on gravel?

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #2  
I have a little larger tractor a B2620, I've used it to clear snow for the past few seasons. No issues but I used the FEL not a plow. I am however switching over to my RTV this winter. Going to enclose my cab and stay warm while I clear snow. Cold hasn't been an issue if you dress warm enough, but I though since I had a RTV I just as well use it and stay warm doing it.

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #3  
I use chains on both of my BX tractors with front snowblowers. If I were pushing with a blade, I would definitely need them.

They cost less than $100 and go on in 10 minutes- why not have them??

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #4  
don't know about a snow blade on front for gravel; my rear blade is typically swung around backwards as I pull it for snow on gravel. and I'm probably going to ad a section of horse-stall-rubber to the blade to minimize gravel displacement this year. I use a front snowblower for the thicker stuff.

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions
I know a few of the neighbors just have quads with a blade, and their teenage kids plow the drives with just that. we get a lot of snow but not usually more than a few inches a day, so Im hoping if I keep up on it, there should be no problem. I like the idea of a small walk behind propelled snow blower for little stuff like near the house, and a trail to the side shop door from the back porch.

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #6  
I have turf tires on my little BX1500. I've never had problems in the snow or needed chains.

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #7  
The biggest advantage of a quad is that it is FAST, and it is my go to tool for anything up to about 8". After that it is the rear 51" snowblower on my BX25, and the FEL for cleanup and/or busting up serious (e.g., frozen) windrows left by the county plow at the entrance to my driveway.

Anyway, congrats on the new BX25, an absolutely fabulous machine!

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #8  
I have turf tires on my little BX1500. I've never had problems in the snow or needed chains.

Same here on my BX24, turfs, no chains, haven't needed them on mildly sloped paved driveways. Front mounted blower and quick-hitch front plow blade for nuisance snows. I drop the blower on a HF dolly and blade interchange easily this way.

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions
compared to what you guys get, I would say we get pretty much only nuisance snow

/ Kubota BX25D for snow removal questions #10  
I have a B7610 with a FEL mounted snow plow and a rear blower. I do use chains, but only because I have a 10% grade on my driveway. I have no problem plowing. I plow the "little" storms ( 3-6 inches ) and use the blower on bigger ones