Loader Lifting Logs

/ Lifting Logs #21  
I agree, if loader work is what you're using it for I wouldn't get a 2wd.

/ Lifting Logs #22  
i attempted some real world stuff. This log is not 8 long but it does weigh over 1650 lbs at 20' long. My loader is rated @1600lbs. It can lift it but you can tell the loader is fast reaching its limit. Never would I attempt to travel with this type of stem very far and bring it to the splitter with the 3 pt carry all. If I had about 800 lbs more ballast, it would have made the tractor more stable. Big weight to load requires bigger tractors of more like a utility type rather than a mid size cut in my opinion..

Attachments

• PA123772.jpg
    PA123772.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • PA123770.jpg
    PA123770.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
   / Lifting Logs
i attempted some real world stuff. This log is not 8 long but it does weigh over 1650 lbs at 20' long. My loader is rated @1600lbs. It can lift it but you can tell the loader is fast reaching its limit. Never would I attempt to travel with this type of stem very far and bring it to the splitter with the 3 pt carry all. If I had about 800 lbs more ballast, it would have made the tractor more stable. Big weight to load requires bigger tractors of more like a utility type rather than a mid size cut in my opinion..

are you 2wd or 4wd?

/ Lifting Logs #24  
the 3016 is 4wd

/ Lifting Logs #25  
are you 2wd or 4wd?

This log lifted the tractor when I got off to snap the pick. Tires are barely touching the ground and would have went no where without the front wheel assist.

/ Lifting Logs #26  
Can I ask why they need to be 8ft long? Cutting them in half you could use a smaller tractor without so much hassle..?

/ Lifting Logs #27  
Can I ask why they need to be 8ft long? Cutting them in half you could use a smaller tractor without so much hassle..?

I was thinking the same. Around here the saw mills wants 9'.

/ Lifting Logs

for milling my own lumber, I just like 8 footers for what I do. 8ft isn't a hard number I have done longer logs but was just stating what I mostly use.

/ Lifting Logs
Know anything about this tractor? 4600 hours seems kind of high (to me anyway), but it is MFWD and has a loader rated at 2500.

Attachments

• JD 5200.JPG
    JD 5200.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 120
   / Lifting Logs #30  
These were good tractors. If it was used steadily, 4600 hrs doesn't seem too large a number. I once saw a JD 1050 with 13,250 hrs. It was used to cut acres of grass and still ran like a top.