Dodge Cummins Engine Concern

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #221  
The point is, you're arguing that its not a salt problem with Chevys, to a guy that lives in NY, where they use 12X the salt that KY uses, and it affects ALL brands of trucks. :rolleyes:

Yes because I've never been anywhere but KY right? I'm glad you're the only one with any automotive knowledge... Someone has to keep us straight. :rolleyes:

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #222  
   / Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #223  
What I have noticed, when it comes to rusty trucks, is that the bodies don't rust out as fast as they used to, but now I am seeing some issues with frames rusting. In other words, manufacturers have put the effort into protecting the parts of the truck that "show," but haven't done much with the parts that don't "show."

That is certainly the case with my 2002 Ford, which has zero body rust, but the rear spring hangers & shackles rusted paper-thin, and the frame rails, while not bad, are rustier than I would like.

Still, my first (2) vehicles (way back in the 70's) were showing rust @ 3 years of age and less than 30,000 miles, so vehicles certainly hold up better than they used to.

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #224  
Yeah, I'm sure. Everything is affected by salt. Cars, trucks, etc...

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #225  
Yes because I've never been anywhere but KY right? I'm glad you're the only one with any automotive knowledge... Someone has to keep us straight. :rolleyes:

And I've never been in Kentucky, right? :rolleyes:

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #226  
   / Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #228  
2004.5. 100% stock. Ordered truck and have driven since 1 mile on odo. I ordered stock fuel pump from Geno's. Should buy me another 80,000 miles. I'll most likely replace pump as preventive maint. Most cost effective, simplistic solution in my opinion.

Good truck, here's to many more miles.

I really like Genos, order my filters and other items from them. They are a true hometown business that had perfect customer service when I had an issue with one of my orders.

/ Dodge Cummins Engine Concern #229  
How about you give us a county name and we look up how much road salt they use annually?

Moss: Lunenburg County on the South shore is where I reside.

But please note, "My Place" will always be in the Superlative Mode.