Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Greetings, I have a new Sure Trac 14' 14k lb dump trailer that's great, but the removable ramps are heavy on this old back. Looking for a set of high quality aluminum ramps in the 5,000 to 10,000lb (total) range (hauling a Kubota BX25D). I've found a few sets of nice ramps, however they have a bow to them (5-7" high at the center when placed on the ground) and won't fit into the trailer's ramps storage pockets. Anyone aware of a nice set of quality flat aluminum ramps? Otherwise, I'll try to have a set made. The originals look similar to these. thanks

mTC48P.jpg

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #2  
If you're anywhere near Virginia and want to sell your steel ramps, let me know the specs and price, I might be interested....

/ Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps
Will do, I'm in Laplata, MD, only a few miles from Dahlgren VA or 20 minutes south of the Capital beltway.

thanks

Well, my first impression with these guys isn't good. I sent them a drawing and 2 pics of what I was looking for and "Ray" suggested a set of their off the shelf ramps and told me they were too short for my 29" trailer deck height, but suggested "I could put 5" of rubber or wood under the ramps on the ground and probably make them work". :eek: ... I responded that I was getting a little too old and a bit too wise to potentially lose my life in a tractor loading/unloading accident involving a 5" piece of wood, and asked that he price the custom ramps if necessary. I'll see what they come back with. By the looks of their web site they do custom fab and Mil products, this should be extremely easy. more to come.

Last edited:
   / Looking for Aluminum Trailer Ramps #9  
I am like you, getting too old to lift up heavy steel ramps and to wary to drive up some thing I don't trust. Will go with the Northern tool ramps when I get the chance. Good luck with your mods.

Good luck with the Northern ramps. I looked at their 10k ramps, they look really heavy duty, but they won't fit in the ramp storage pockets in my trailer.