Verizon WiFi issues

/ Verizon WiFi issues #61  
Millenicom drop my Verzion service. Verzion called me and gave me 30g for $50.

/ Verizon WiFi issues #65  
   / Verizon WiFi issues #66  
I had Millenicom for over 5 years was of the longest time it was 69$ with no tax. Then they went to $89 still with no taxs on 20g. One day got a email saying they were dropping Verizon or Verizon dropped them. When I ended up talking to Verzion the girl said I can offer you 30G for 50$
Edit I have been on DSL Report since 2002 its help me lot.

Last edited:
   / Verizon WiFi issues
Taking the time to remove the battery has had a huge impact on my usage. Karen and I still go online and do the same things, but now when we get off the computer we remove the battery. In December, I used 20 gigs in 15 days. I'm at 5 gigs in 20 days right now.

Eddie

/ Verizon WiFi issues #68  
Eddie,

I've been thinking about your situation and wondered if you might happen to have Verizon as you cell phone provider and have an old grandfathered unlimited data plan? My wife and I both do and I stumbled on a neat way for us to get internet service on our farm. I purchased a broadband router off of Ebay for around $65 and I unscrewed the cover from the bottom and swapped out the SIM card. It has 2 phone line connections and 3 Ethernet ports on the back so I can tie it in to my home router and have wifi throughout the house. If someone calls while I have it in use, it rings the telephone I have plugged in. I can still send and receive texts by downloading the Verizon messenger app on my computer. I know that most people don't have this option but some might. And let me tell you, it's pretty fast. Oops...had to edit out my SIM number.

IMG_20150201_124859_904.jpg IMG_20150201_124908_291.jpg IMG_20150201_124942_398.jpg IMG_20150201_125051_671.jpg IMG_20150201_125106_722.jpg IMG_20150201_125123_236.jpg IMG_20150201_125139_812.jpg

/ Verizon WiFi issues #69  
Eddie,

I've been thinking about your situation and wondered if you might happen to have Verizon as you cell phone provider and have an old grandfathered unlimited data plan? My wife and I both do and I stumbled on a neat way for us to get internet service on our farm. I purchased a broadband router off of Ebay for around $65 and I unscrewed the cover from the bottom and swapped out the SIM card. It has 2 phone line connections and 3 Ethernet ports on the back so I can tie it in to my home router and have wifi throughout the house. If someone calls while I have it in use, it rings the telephone I have plugged in. I can still send and receive texts by downloading the Verizon messenger app on my computer. I know that most people don't have this option but some might. And let me tell you, it's pretty fast. Oops...had to edit out my SIM number.

View attachment 409709 View attachment 409710 View attachment 409711 View attachment 409712 View attachment 409713 View attachment 409714 View attachment 409715

What excactly does that benefit, do you get to use the unlimited phone service as wifi for the PC? I have never had a router so that's why I ask, but we do have an unlimited data plan I believe, will have to ask her.

/ Verizon WiFi issues #70  
What excactly does that benefit

It allows you to use your unlimited data plan from your phone as unlimited internet for your computer/house and still receive phone calls while doing it. Where I live, I am 3 miles too far out to get any internet so this was my only option besides satellite or dial up.