Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #31,421  
Another brisk one out there today! -40f with the windchill! Glad today is my last day on call, now I can get out and get a few projects done I have been wanting to do. Stay warm everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #31,422  
I read the woodpecker landed somewhere near the photographer, and the weasel was scared off and ran.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,423  
good morning all.

My challenge is that I like the look of the four rail pvc white fencing, but it just isn't high enough to keep a jumping deer out. I wonder if something can be added on top, more than the string with flutterers...

told myself first time it hit seventy I'd shave my winter beard off. Looks like I'll be doing that tomorrow morning.

Drew, there was some talk about deer fencing on http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/280198-how-big-your-garden-how-38.html awhile back. But the choices are really, really tall, or a double fence. Although I have had good luck with a 5' fence around my garden so far.

I lost my winter beard on Monday. I have a goal of the first day of Spring or dripping sweat. It didn't make it until Spring.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,424  
Good Morning. 0850, 66F with 92% humidity. Forecast high of 78F with 20% chance of rain this afternoon, and a low of 65F tonight. Not quite as warm today. Going to do a little tree trimming and brush piling this morning. Now that my pinestraw is gone, I'll feel safe to burn the next damp day without too much wind. It's been over a year since I burned the big brushpile, so it should be ready.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #31,425  
My challenge is that I like the look of the four rail pvc white fencing, but it just isn't high enough to keep a jumping deer out. I wonder if something can be added on top, more than the string with flutterers...I really don't want an entire new fence around the whole thing as I have one side nicely bordered by an existing fence.

We have a LOT of deer here, and they'll eat almost anything, especially in the dry summer months. The neighbors grow their own vegetables, and they were having problems with deer jumping the fence around the garden. First thing they did was run extra "rows" of "fence" through the garden to make it look like there was no place to land for a deer jumping the fence. The extra rows were nothing more than a couple T stakes with some string and streamers hanging down. That helped, but what really stopped them was a row of electric fence wire around the outside. They got some of that metallic Mylar material and tied streamers made out of it to the electric strand, then tipped each one with a smear of peanut butter. One lick and a deer doesn't want another.:laughing: Since the "hot" streamers look just like the ones inside the fence, the deer go elsewhere.

Another neighbor put up I-don't-know how many thousand feet of 8' high chain link fence topped with four strands of barbed wire for another three feet of height. His beautiful property now looks like a concentration camp.:( I still see deer grazing inside that fence on a regular basis:shocked:, though I have no idea how they're getting in there.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,426  
Good morning all. 21F and overcast this morning. Snow began @8:40 and has let up after a good dusting. Forecast for less than 1 in and 25F. Cold should persist till Friday morning and the warm up begins :).

/ Good morning!!!! #31,427  
Same here can not wait,warm up this weekend.
Good morning all. 21F and overcast this morning. Snow began @8:40 and has let up after a good dusting. Forecast for less than 1 in and 25F. Cold should persist till Friday morning and the warm up begins :).

/ Good morning!!!! #31,428  
66°F and over 2 inches rain last 24 hours. Doesn't look like this will be a progress day outside :(

Framing almost complete and had hoped on installing Hardie panel today, but looking very doubtful

image-471645100.jpg

Be safe
Have a great day

<CSIHelper: 0x16166ce0>

/ Good morning!!!! #31,429  
Well just got the boy out of the dentist. He didn't break a tooth. The one we thought it was is still there. Dentist says it was an extra undeveloped tooth and the one that belongs there is getting ready to come in so it just pushed the undeveloped one through and out. Said it's pretty common for baby teeth to do these things and it has nothing to do with his permanent teeth.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,430  
good news farmer, glad the little one is just "growing out".

74 degrees, got up to 78 today, felt wonderful and only down to 60 tonight.
Got about half my trees planted, just had to leave the rest, too much water in the holes.
which will not be helped by another half inch of rain tomorrow.