Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #11  
Per post #8 I just used the right hand section and like you entered my DK40 tractor then oil filter and got- "NO PARTS FOUND". IOW, no worky for me.

I then tried the left hand side and in the believe it or not category it actually opened up the various parts categories and led me further toward finding various parts. ...

This explains your earlier frustration. I gave up on the "quick look-up" so long ago that it never occurred to me that anyone would try to use it. There is also a parts nomenclature issue that could complicate any by-name lookup; for example, the fuel filter is called an oil filter. You will find many parts in unexpected places, but after you become familiar with the parts structure for your particular machine that becomes a minor problem.

... but does work better than not at all-which is what I've been able to accomplish on the other Kioti dealer parts look ups provided. ...

I think you will find that ALL of the Kioti dealer parts sites (e.g. MIE and Page) are identical except for price, if you check it. Prices (set by dealer) vary considerably. Most of these sites will also let you order parts online, which is handy after hours.

Kioti USA seems committed to funneling everything through their dealers and avoiding direct interaction with customers. So I think it unlikely they will ever offer online manuals to the unwashed public, at least not directly. This is not the case with cars; for example Subaru manuals are available online and Mercedes provides their obsolete manuals online for free. The fact that we have seen Kioti manuals on German and Australian sites tells us that soft-copy manuals exist and (apparently) the Daedong distributors in other countries have different business models, and probably different laws. It isn't cheap to develop and maintain technical data so that cost (and some profit) needs to be recouped somehow.

I don't even want to get started on the younger generations. Suffice it to say this isn't the same USA I grew up in.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #12  
Seems like Kioti is backwards for parts lookup. With kubota you can look up parts online. Messick's emails you sections of the parts manual. I load them on to my Samsung Note 8 for reference. I wish I could have bought a PDF of the service manual for $20. It took hours for me to scan it in.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #13  
some forums online will block your participation if you even ask to gain access to copy writed materials -like workshop manuals! I'm being serious as most forums don't allow anything illegal to transpire via their websites.

There is no copyright violation if you ask the copyright holder to place the manuals on line, free or pay.

Bruce

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #14  
I know they don't exactly speak normal English in Oz, so I have to give some leeway for that, but this whole thread makes absolutely no sense to me. Does the OP want the workshop manuals or the parts diagrams on the web? Workshop manuals? No manufaturer I know of does that. You have to buy the service/repair books. Parts? Almost everyone does! Parts after the sale are the bread and butter.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #15  
The manuals aren't all that great - so, online or paperback .... you'll be disappointed.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #16  
I posted the thread a year ago about interest in CD based Kioti service manuals, and to date have had little positive response. Around 100 or so interested TBNers, so I have not yet made my case to Kioti Corp.
Without tooting my own horn, I will say this; if I'm inclined to want something to happen, I can be pretty persistent and persuasive. I was able to cut through the front line telephone que of corporate nonsense and get to the backroom engineers, to insist they find a solution to the DK squeal in reverse issue, and with that success, I believe when there is enough interest expressed in online/CD/DVD data about Kioti tractors, maybe, just maybe we can collectively move the 19th century culture forward to at least the 20th, if not the 21st century.
Daedong and Kioti Corp may have their own imbedded way of doing things that they feel work without being fixed. I see it differently. A service manual on paper is antiquated, if not downright obsolete. It costs money to make, stock, ship and inventory. And as soon as it is printed it's basically useless, unless periodically updated, revised, etc.
And if you think what's available today is wrought with bad or erroneous information and butchered English, you have no idea how bad the manuals used to be. From what I've seen here and heard about the older manuals were absolutely atrocious!

A major dealer for Kioti tells me personally that the dealers like the way it is in general, for reasons that are somewhat incomprehensible, except that they can make money selling the paperbound service manuals. Ok.
I look at it as, they could make more $ and Kioti could sell more tractors, parts, and other services if everything were streamlined and better than anyone else offers currently. Why follow when you can lead is my philosophy?! If Kioti wants to live up to it's trademark of Leading the Pack, then put it to the test and actually offer something that's cutting edge.

I'm more than willing to bring the need to the deciders; but I do believe we need more turnout on my original thread to get the numbers way higher before submitting to Kioti. Otherwise, why would Kioti change it's currently, working for them, don't fix it if it ain't broke, status quo mindset?

I forgot to mention that I believe the dealer mindset is to keep the public, the tractor owner, in the dark about servicing their machines so that the business will be like magic and only end up in dealer shops.
Technical service bulletins are closely held to the dealer's accessing them, but sometimes get out, in the auto industry, in particular.
The problem with this type of thinking is an us against them concept that keeps the consumer behind the 8 ball.
BUT, in today's world of most things being available online the consumer can, with a little research be as knowledgeable as the tractor salesman or even more so in many cases. This ought to be seen as a good thing because an informed consumer is likely going to buy the best value for their money. OOPS! Can't get what I want if I want to service my own tractor, and leave the warranty or big issues to the selling dealer? Well then, maybe I should buy from Xyz manufacturer who DOES offer what I want in service data for me to do what I want to do as a DIYer.
This is where Kioti and everyone else in the tractor industry is MISSING the POINT!
Get on board or be behind the curve. Every Kioti would be better kept, or able to be kept better, and the Kioti owner would feel more assured in the product, if the necessary information were readily available, regularly updated, and available for an annual subscription fee, for example. Pay if you want to continue to get the info, lapse the subscription at any time to halt it. Make renewal available for a additional fee, etc.
If it were my company that is what I would want: set the bar, don't follow antiquated, unworkable and likely to frustrate the retail customer business practices just because it's always been done this way and no one else does it any differently.....

Last edited:
   / Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #17  
Nobody likes buying a lemon tractor. My last such nightmare cost me almost double the purchase price. Not what I call a bargain. This time around I will make more informed choices. There's something comforting about reading a workshop manual, but frustrating about any dealer or distributor that thinks it is in their best interests to make it hard for prospects to access. Crazy way to do business in my opinion.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line.
I know they don't exactly speak normal English in Oz, so I have to give some leeway for that, but this whole thread makes absolutely no sense to me. Does the OP want the workshop manuals or the parts diagrams on the web? Workshop manuals? No manufaturer I know of does that. You have to buy the service/repair books. Parts? Almost everyone does! Parts after the sale are the bread and butter.
Mate ! Why chip in if you don't understand! Make a man of yourself on the Internet by having a cheap shot.

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #19  
Actually, Toro makes their service manuals available online for free (as PDF downloads). Here is one example: http://www.toro.com/customercare/commercial/education/pdf/93808sl.pdf
I wish others would do the same.

Aaron Z

/ Why won't Kioti load the workshop manuals on line. #20  
There is no copyright violation if you ask the copyright holder to place the manuals on line, free or pay.

Bruce
You are preaching to the choir-note that I was in education... feel free to "ask for us", r.e., Kioti service manuals;)