Wrong place at the right time.........

/ Wrong place at the right time.........
Three times more deaths by trees than deaths by lightning.

Thanks, for that tidbit of information. I wonder if that number is rooted in facts or just something you came up with while singing in the shower.:laughing: It makes sense though cause there are probably way more trees per sq ft all over the world than lightning strikes I guess. I just never thought about putting a number on it.

/ Wrong place at the right time......... #32  
Pretty amazing...you can find unverified statistics all over the net.

2015 Real Time Death Statistics in America

All the way at the bottom of the list is

death by tree 29
lightening 16

totally precise, long list of links at bottom...dunno how true any of it is.

Pretty amazing...you can find unverified statistics all over the net.

2015 Real Time Death Statistics in America

All the way at the bottom of the list is

death by tree 29
lightening 16

totally precise, long list of links at bottom...dunno how true any of it is.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I get some time. I like stuff like that and sometime you find out some pretty interesting stuff. :drink:

/ Wrong place at the right time......... #34  
Thanks for sharing what happened. It's amazing how timing works, even when you are doing everything right, the possibility of the impossible comes along. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt, I'm not sure which was more scary, what the treed could have done to you, or the chainsaw.

Eddie

Thanks for sharing what happened. It's amazing how timing works, even when you are doing everything right, the possibility of the impossible comes along. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt, I'm not sure which was more scary, what the treed could have done to you, or the chainsaw.

Eddie

Yeah, both are killers. If I had my choice I think I would prefer being crushed by a tree than ripped in half by a chain saw. The tree didn't hurt too bad it was the free fall to the ground and hitting my head on the pile of cut wood laying on the ground that got my attention. I had two different knots on my head that hurt for like two weeks. Then where the tree grazed my head it took a little hair and skin with it and it did something to my neck and that is still a little stiff. I'll probably end up at the chiropractor before it's over for a good neck cracking. Other than that everything is good.

I told my wife the other day that my neck was still stiff from where that darn tree fell on me. You know what she said? Too bad it didn't hit you somewhere else!:laughing: The nerve of that woman.:irked:

/ Wrong place at the right time......... #36  
Glad you got lucky Mx. Looking out across my forrest all I see are hundreds of dead/dying Ash trees that the Emerald Ash Borer has done a number on. As soon as I can I am going to get out there and start dropping the ones that are anywhere near our trails ans cutting them up for firewood.

Just remember, one of the most dangerous trees that you can cut is a standing dead tree. Branches and tops just fall off from the saw vibration, or as soon as the tree begins to fall. They also don't follow the felling directions rules and many times go in opposite directions than planned. Wear a helmet, plan more than one escape route, and watch out from above at all times.

Glad you got lucky Mx. Looking out across my forrest all I see are hundreds of dead/dying Ash trees that the Emerald Ash Borer has done a number on. As soon as I can I am going to get out there and start dropping the ones that are anywhere near our trails ans cutting them up for firewood.

Just remember, one of the most dangerous trees that you can cut is a standing dead tree. Branches and tops just fall off from the saw vibration, or as soon as the tree begins to fall. They also don't follow the felling directions rules and many times go in opposite directions than planned. Wear a helmet, plan more than one escape route, and watch out from above at all times.

Amen brother, that's good advice for anybody that plays or works in the bush. When I do cut that dead standing stuff I always cut me a long pole that I can use to shake the tree a little before I mess with it. Most of the time it don't take much shaking to get the really bad stuff to break off and fall to the ground before you start cutting it. You still have to be careful when cutting those things though because they have a mind of their own it seems and are waiting to zap you if they get a chance.

/ Wrong place at the right time......... #38  
I told my wife the other day that my neck was still stiff from where that darn tree fell on me. You know what she said? Too bad it didn't hit you somewhere else!:laughing: The nerve of that woman.:irked:

Haha! She's definitely a keeper.

Friend of mine and I were hiking the Loyalsock trail in Pa a couple years ago. Weather was warm and sunny with no wind whatsoever. After scaling the last big incline late in the afternoon (we were tired), a huge tree limb fell immediately behind us. We stopped, looked at each other and just laughed. If we were about 2 seconds slower....

Friend of mine and I were hiking the Loyalsock trail in Pa a couple years ago. Weather was warm and sunny with no wind whatsoever. After scaling the last big incline late in the afternoon (we were tired), a huge tree limb fell immediately behind us. We stopped, looked at each other and just laughed. If we were about 2 seconds slower....

And I bet none of you had hard hats on either.:D

/ Wrong place at the right time......... #40  

Nah - that was Bigfoot just warning you that it is his territory you are in :D