Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #1  

Lutzy48

Tractor
Ford 1710
Does anyone know what the Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger weighs (without the augers)? It is not listed on the internet and a call to the store was unsuccessful. Thanks.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #2  
I believe that the current CountyLine model is a re-branded SpeeCo Model 65. Maybe you can find the specs for that model easier.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #4  
Don't know about the weight but I bought the TSC PHD and it worked great. 9" Auger in hard soil and it did the job. Good luck

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #5  
I have a similar unit built by Worksaver I think. I've replaced the teeth once and and the auger once(12") About 500 holes through red clay and rocks. Plan on another 100 this fall. I did weld on brackets to add extra weight.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #6  
I have a TSC Post hole digger. I didn't weight it. I can guess about 130 to 150 lbs. I been using a 12" auger and did 75 holes in hard pack dirt and rock. No problem beside have to get the large rocks out by hand.
SpeeCo makes the Post hole digger for TSC.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #7  
Usually you can handle them if you mount the frame onto the 3pt hitch, then the gearbox assembly and PTO shaft. I keep mine vertical with an overhead chain, and position the frame at just the right height so I can swing the auger over and pin it. More weight is good!

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger
The TSC is not the same as the SpeeCo. The one thing that drew me to the TSC over the others at the same price point was the extra reinforcement it has in the high stress area. It has a huge gusset where the yoke attaches to the boom. Thanks for all the replies.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #9  
The TSC is not the same as the SpeeCo. The one thing that drew me to the TSC over the others at the same price point was the extra reinforcement it has in the high stress area. It has a huge gusset where the yoke attaches to the boom. Thanks for all the replies.

I guess it depends on your area. Here, the TSC PHD is made by SpeeCo.

The website photos on TSC show the SpeeCo. TSC's other supplier based on area is Tarter... their PHDs look nothing like it.

/ Tractor Supply 3tph Post Hole Digger #10  
The 65 shows a weight of about 140 lbs, the HD is a little bit heavier. The TSC model is somewhat of a combination of the 65 and HD, not sold as SpeeCo. I would guess that the TSC would be about 155 lbs.