Bucket Hooks negatives

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #31  
Here's another version of some serious bucket melt down due to a center hook.

I am not seeing hooks on the top. Also, looks to be a lightweight bucket, which if adding hooks onto would need to be reinforced.

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #32  
I have always feared someone deciding to use them as a recovery point. As long as that is not a concern then I think they're a great add on.

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #33  
Hooks were the first mod I made to my little red tractor. As to the lifting comments I can curl more than straight lift. So for the heaviest loads I lay the chain over an uncurled bucket then take up slack with the loader cylinders. Then using the curling cylinders I can lift the load easier.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Bucket Hooks negatives
Well I just packed an order of 2" Kubota hooks heading to OK, if that was from you I appreciate it! :thumbsup: They will ship out in the morning ;)
Yes, that was me...thanks

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #35  
I don't have hooks on my bucket and don't have to worry about front clearance. I hook to the top and go down the back. Hook to the teeth for out front.

Setting a 16' pipe cattle guard.

P4280039.JPG

P4280040.JPG

P4280042.JPG

P4280043 0 (1).JPG

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #36  
Ok, once in a while they will catch some leaves or a little stick. And they usually fall out by themselves. Man that is all I can think of..

Heck I have Hills steep enough I cant walk down, I sometimes park the tractor at the top, and grab a chain, and throw it in a hook, and "repel" down and back using the chain.. done it more than once.
That's a new one... thanks for the tip.

Personally, I am a fan of the BXpanded snap on hooks for my little guy. Adjustable placement in seconds. Remove them if they are ever in the way (never for me). Great for moving small stumps and other odd jobs. Second pic... I built some temp 2ft by 8ft plywood 'barriers' with handles to allow gravel fill behind retaining wall and back fill with dirt for the rest at about 1.5ft height at a time... lifting the forms up with the chain as I built the wall.

IMG_3543.jpg IMG_3936.JPG

/ Bucket Hooks negatives
Came in a quick, I hope to find time to install this weekend.
Thanks Ken

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #38  
I didn't want to weld onto our new JD 640 loader, so I made up brackets that bolted to the top edge using existing bolts. So the cut off grab hooks were welded onto a small plate with two holes that fit onto the existing bolt location. I did not think to check on clearance when the bucket was rolled back, and the hooks promptly broke off the grease zerks! Just the laws of inexperience or unintended consequences, I guess!

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #39  
I am not seeing hooks on the top. Also, looks to be a lightweight bucket, which if adding hooks onto would need to be reinforced.

Look again: the hooks are mounted inside the top of the bucket. I've never seen that before.

/ Bucket Hooks negatives #40  
Look again: the hooks are mounted inside the top of the bucket. I've never seen that before.

Oh, okay, I think I see it now. Thank you.