Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,971  
Getting ready for a trip to Spokane Wa and Glacier Nation Park Mt. Checked ten day forecast for Spokane is predicted to be 108! and people and family think Texas is hot. HS

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,972  
Getting ready for a trip to Spokane Wa and Glacier Nation Park Mt. Checked ten day forecast for Spokane is predicted to be 108! and people and family think Texas is hot. HS

Enjoy the trip! Our cool temps here lately may not be this way when you get back.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,973  
Is it summer yet?.. hottest day of the year so far,, here.. So our AC went out.. They will be here tomorrow morning to repair or replace.. I think it has rained every day.. but today.. could have used a cool shower.. :),, Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,974  
Denise has a business meeting in Boston next week so we're headed up there on Saturday. Their weather can be really nice this time of year. Highs in the low 80's......I'm digging that, it will be good to get away from this heat but the humidity has really bothered me this year.

I traveled to Boston a lot back in the day so we're looking forward to doing the tourist thing for a couple of days. When I worked up there I never had time to see the sights......just work. Great Restaurant town, looking forward to some great Seafood and some cooler weather.

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,975  
Denise has a business meeting in Boston next week so we're headed up there on Saturday. Their weather can be really nice this time of year. Highs in the low 80's......I'm digging that, it will be good to get away from this heat but the humidity has really bothered me this year.

I traveled to Boston a lot back in the day so we're looking forward to doing the tourist thing for a couple of days. When I worked up there I never had time to see the sights......just work. Great Restaurant town, looking forward to some great Seafood and some cooler weather.

Charlie

Atlantic Fish Company, 761 Boylston Street, is hard to beat Charlie.

Homepage - Atlantic Fish Co.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,976  

Charlie

I've only been to Boston once. I flew in, worked all evening on our DC-9, had lobster in the airport hotel (I think it was a Hilton) around midnight, just before the restaurant closed............then the next morning the Captain and I ran the engines after curfew was lifted. Then we flew out. I never left the airport!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,978  
I've only been to Boston once. I flew in, worked all evening on our DC-9, had lobster in the airport hotel (I think it was a Hilton) around midnight, just before the restaurant closed............then the next morning the Captain and I ran the engines after curfew was lifted. Then we flew out. I never left the airport!
hugs, Brandi

Brandi--My travels into Boston years ago were a little better that that, but not much. I was opening a restaurant and working pretty hard, Hiring, Training, looking for vendors etc. After opening I traveled in every so often to keep an eye on what was happening. I ate out at night but I never got to do the tourist thing with all the History in Boston. Still there will be plenty of sampling the Boston restaurant scene.......that just can't be helped, but I'm also looking forward to a change in weather(been there in the winter.....I'll pass).

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,979  

Charlie

Is it a little early for the height of lobstah season?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,980  
I don't think so. I had King Crab and my daughter had Lobster, at Joe's Crab Shack in Austin, a few weeks ago.
hugs, Brandi