NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #1  

RockyNY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010CH
Well I found out the max pallet weight for the KL6010 loader today. Had a skid of wood pellets delivered, 1 ton. Pallets weigh approx. 40lbs, plus my pallet forks weigh around 400 lbs, so the total weight was somewhere around 2400 lbs. Anyhow, the loader could not get it higher than 36" off the ground (measured from the bottom of the pallet. I was a little disappointed that it wouldn't go higher, even though I shouldn't be since the loader is rated for 2761lbs at the pins and obviously with a pallet being 48", a lot of the weight is well forward of the pins.

I don't have a ballast box, so I attached a cultivator to the 3pt for ballast.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #2  
There have been many threads about checking the pressure relief setting and increasing it to get max rated lift.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #3  
Well I found out the max pallet weight for the KL6010 loader today. Had a skid of wood pellets delivered, 1 ton. Pallets weigh approx. 40lbs, plus my pallet forks weigh around 400 lbs, so the total weight was somewhere around 2400 lbs. Anyhow, the loader could not get it higher than 36" off the ground (measured from the bottom of the pallet. I was a little disappointed that it wouldn't go higher, even though I shouldn't be since the loader is rated for 2761lbs at the pins and obviously with a pallet being 48", a lot of the weight is well forward of the pins.

I don't have a ballast box, so I attached a cultivator to the 3pt for ballast.
Really?I have a DK40se with KL401 loader with 1,000 lbs ballast box 400lbs forks.I also burn wood pellets My loader will pickup the 2,000 lbs skid of pellets pretty easy off my trailer.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity
According to the manuals the main pump relief is 2,631 psi. The loader manual says the loader control valve relief setting is 2,556 psi. I'll have to buy a gauge and read up on how to use it.

coobie, I was able to pick up the pallets off my trailer, but no higher.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #5  
According to the manuals the main pump relief is 2,631 psi. The loader manual says the loader control valve relief setting is 2,556 psi. I'll have to buy a gauge and read up on how to use it.

coobie, I was able to pick up the pallets off my trailer, but no higher.
I lift my pellets off my tandem axle trailer at least 2 feet higher than the trailer itself with no problems.I have also double stacked the pellets in my barn with no issues.Have to rev up the tractor a little but not much.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #6  
I second the hypothesis that the pressure is a little low - based on what my similar loader can do. incidentally my dealer said the tractors often come in below the pressure spec and asked if I wanted him to check and adjust it before delivery (I said heck yea!)

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #7  
I too am curios to see what you find the pressure set at, I should check mine just haven't done so.

I found a gauge tucked away yesterday, used to use it for testing pressure washers but haven't used it in years. Just need to get the right fittings and a male QD.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #9  
I haven't looked at the hydraulic schematic for this tractor but does the loader relieve valve also control the rear service remotes too or does the main pump relief valve?

Tested the pressure today, the gauge read just under 2700 PSI. So the relief valve is already set a couple hundred PSI over spec.