Inherited a New Hobby

/ Inherited a New Hobby #1  

jlgurr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705, John Deere STX46
Hey everyone, not sure if this the correct forum but it seems to fit best here compared to the others.

I really enjoy this site and everyone who helps out others. It feels like a virtual home for me but now, along with my tractor interests, I have started a venture into something new. Grandpa passed away and left his reloading and boolit casting hobby supplies. I have been perusing the net trying to find a good group to join and learn more about these things. Since I enjoy shooting this seems to be a good way to reload and feel like grandpa is still here with me.

Are there any TBN members who are also members of other "clubs" that could help in my new interests. Rather than trying on my own to find a good fit, it would seem that you could make some recommendations.

Thanks,
Jeff

/ Inherited a New Hobby #2  
There are plenty of guy here that reload. I'd start another thread about reloading and see what that gets you. I don't visit any reloaded forums. I waste enough time here and over at a woodworking forum.

/ Inherited a New Hobby #3  
I'm with 4570man, if I spent as much time on other forums as I do here, I wouldn't have any free time at all, but there are several good reloading forums. If I'm trying to roll a new load and looking for information, I'll go to a few and do a search to see if someone has already done what I'm trying to do.

This is a good one to start with, Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

/ Inherited a New Hobby #4  
Google "cast boolits" that IS the correct spelling...

/ Inherited a New Hobby #5  
bullets is the correct spelling. I can not spell either. I aways failed spelling in school. I rely on spellcheck and my wife.

/ Inherited a New Hobby #6  
Check out 6mmbr.com aka accurateshooter.com
Look for some reloading programs like ExBall and Qickload
Brian Litz, head ballistician for Berger bullets , purchase his latest book and enjoy your new endeavor!

/ Inherited a New Hobby
bullets is the correct spelling. I can not spell either. I aways failed spelling in school. I rely on spellcheck and my wife.

That web site spells it boolits on purpose. :D

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ Inherited a New Hobby #8  
Good morning Jeff, if you do a lot of shooting you are in luck as now you have probably most of the expensive tools thanks to your grandfather. He probably has lots of reloading books as part of his equipment. All reloaders I know have quite an extensive library of reloading manuals. Good luck on your new hobby!

/ Inherited a New Hobby #9  
Good morning Jeff, if you do a lot of shooting you are in luck as now you have probably most of the expensive tools thanks to your grandfather. He probably has lots of reloading books as part of his equipment. All reloaders I know have quite an extensive library of reloading manuals. Good luck on your new hobby!
Congrats;reloading is great fun.I would purchase some "new" reloading manuals,lots of new powders and bullets available.I hope he left you some supplies also,powder/primers.