TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,481  
28" so far here in north-central Maryland. Tomorrow will be fun...

IMG_0050.png

Friday at 3pm

IMG_0101.png

Saturday at 11am

IMG_0139.png

digging out

IMG_0143.png

the dash is under there somewhere

IMG_0146.png

snow accumulation reached the floorboard

That is a lot of snow to deal with. For me it would not be all that much fun. And I like snow but 12 or 16 inches at one time is plenty. 30 is just over the top. Work safe.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,482  
The tractor is usually stored in the barn down the hill, but when it snows I park it up by the house. I typically drape a tarp over the seat and dash but figured the snow would be too heavy so used garbage bags instead. It wasn't hard to clear off, but getting things moving in the morning might be another story... too deep to plow, and nowhere to dump what's scooped! I suppose this will be a repeat of 2010, when I had one **** of a time digging out of similar accumulations with my 2WD Deere 1050:

image97.jpg

image108.jpg

image10.jpg

image4-2.jpg

image5-1.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,483  
spent a couple hours clearing the shop then driving home and clearing here, had to park the truck outside so i could park the tractor inside.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,484  
The tractor is usually stored in the barn down the hill, but when it snows I park it up by the house. I typically drape a tarp over the seat and dash but figured the snow would be too heavy so used garbage bags instead. It wasn't hard to clear off, but getting things moving in the morning might be another story... too deep to plow, and nowhere to dump what's scooped! I suppose this will be a repeat of 2010, when I had one **** of a time digging out of similar accumulations with my 2WD Deere 1050:
If that happens very often I believe I would invest in a snow blower.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,485  
Spread 30 yards of fresh wood chips in our paddock. The horses are happy! I spread 30 yards a few weeks ago, and one more load should just about cover the whole 1/2 acre paddock.
IMAG0003_zpswdrk7rl6.jpg

Also got to attack some more blackberry bushes with the brush hogg. This schit is not fun to eradicate. I have a very very deep hatred for blackberry bushes at this point. It's the devil as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that's worse than blackberry bushes, is dead blackberry bushes. They are a true curse in my life! Good thing is, I only have a 1/4 acre left to rip out. The day these things aren't a problem, I'll have a celebration. Ha ha
IMAG2278_zpsa1i3ijwj.jpg
IMAG2279_zpsivpjy3el.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,486  
Terry, how many hours you racked up on that 5055? I'm up to 220 on my 3005...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,487  
I blew out 5 drive ways and a parking area this morning. The tractor was full when I started and the gauge still reads full.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,488  
Terry, how many hours you racked up on that 5055? I'm up to 220 on my 3005...

have 250 or so on it. it used to get alot more use when it was out at the farm, but dad bought a new (used 2012) kioti with a cab and my tractor moved back to town.

spent five hours on the tractor moving snow, made a few bucks. have 3 more to do tomorrow

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,489  
uploadfromtaptalk1453670616975.jpg
Pushed a lot ofsnow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,490  
Three feet of snow, 4.5 hours seat time and made it to the road:
(which includes 1/2 hour digging it out when I slid sideways into a snow bank)

Photos didn't load, tried 3 times.

Last edited: