blown key switch fuse

/ blown key switch fuse #11  
Being a former JD dealer service manager it's difficult for me to understand why JD hasn't corrected the temp sensor that's had a history of failing since the mid 90's when the 5000 series tractors were introduced.:confused3:

/ blown key switch fuse #12  
Looking at the operators manual link to the manual include, the instrument gauges and fuel shutoff solenoid and sensor are on 2 different circuits, so unplugging the sensor should have no effect on the gauges. It would not hurt to double check the red 10 amp fuse.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE199128_19/?tM=FR

Here is what the tech manual for the engine states as the reason for the sensor. To comply with the exhaust emissions regulation, the timing of injection pump should be around 6 to 9 degrees before TDC. These timing values do not allow proper start-up operations when engine is cold. To ease engine start-up, a cold advance system gives to the injection pump a temporary over-timing.

When coolant temperature is below 50 C (122 F), the solenoid valve is activated and opens the cold advance circuit.

/ blown key switch fuse #13  
You have to wonder how all our older tractors ever started w/o that junk on it:laughing:

Ronnie

/ blown key switch fuse #14  
JD5210
I hope you can explain something I've wondered about. How does that sensor alter the inj pump timing as I don't see electronics in the rotary IP?
Thanks for any explanation,Jim

Attachments

• 0000432655____________A1.gif
    0000432655____________A1.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 352
   / blown key switch fuse #15  
TX Jim
The best I can do to answer your question is provide you with a page from CTM125 that outlines how it works. The solenoid kit is RE502747.

Attachments

• Timing_Advance.pdf
    275.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 3029-temp-sensor.jpg
    3029-temp-sensor.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 262
  • RE503242.jpg
    RE503242.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 265
   / blown key switch fuse #16  
JD5210
Thank you for posting the pdf. I wonder if I'm the only person that didn't have a clue how solenoid accomplished the IP timing change?