Rear Blade Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions!

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #1  

alia176

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3316HST
I've been looking for a rear blade that articulates in all directions and finally found this unit. However, I'm not sure if I can rotate the bladed 180 degrees by looking at the picture. JD Pipe Trailer & Ford Blade He lives about 1.5 hours from me and will knock the price down some if I go to his place to pick it up. He wasn't able to find a model # or the nameplate on the unit. It belonged to his late father and his Ford 8N tractor.

Assuming the cutting edge is in decent shape, what kind of a price should I offer the gentleman?

Thanks for any inputs.

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #2  
I would give 300 for it

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #3  
Looks to be in good shape. I think it will rotate around the other way.

Posting the picture for when the ad is gone and people will wonder what it was.

00v0v_26XN3f6gINw_600x450.jpg

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #4  
Seeing as he is listing it at $300 and assuming it is in decent shape, I would offer him $225-$250. Looks like you can rotate all the way around, but hard to tell from the pic how you lock it into incremental angles. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #5  
That's not a real heavy blade. What are your intended uses?

That blade around me would sell for $150-$200. If I were selling, it, ID throw a coat of paint at it and list for $250-300.

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #6  
I'm not so sure that that blade offsets, does not look like it to me. :confused3: Tilts and angles, but that may be it. Also if the boom is short, which it looks to be, you may have to have the implement disconnected from the tractor to get the blade turned around backwards whenever you may want to run the blade in that manor.

Good luck. ;)

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #7  
I would give 300 for it
Sounds about the right ballpark for a 5-7' used one in good shape around here. I recently sold my nearly new 72" LandPride with hydraulic angle for $600.

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #8  
I'm not so sure that that blade offsets, does not look like it to me. :confused3: Tilts and angles, but that may be it. Also if the boom is short, which it looks to be, you may have to have the implement disconnected from the tractor to get the blade turned around backwards whenever you may want to run the blade in that manor.

Good luck. ;)

Or retract the hydraulic top link to let the blade clear the tires when rotating?

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #9  
Or retract the hydraulic top link to let the blade clear the tires when rotating?

I don't think that he has one yet, sooooooo? :confused3:

/ Found this on the local CL ad, please give me some opinions! #10  
I don't think that rotates like your wanting. I don't see any mechanism there for rotating the blade. No grease points either.

I know having 1 post has no cred, but I would make sure it does what you want.