Rotary Cutter Rotary Cutters

/ Rotary Cutters #1  

chrissheerman

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB - John Deere 2520 - Allis charlmers D14
Happy Friday everyone!!!

I've been looking at and have started to price out rotary cutters and wanted to see what all of you have to say. I have just purchased a new home with 35 acres and theres a old field on it about 8 acres . Its starting to get brush and small pines growing in it. Id like to mow it and the trails on the property eventually hay that field but thats a project for later anyways. So I have a 2007 john Deere 110tlb it has 43 hp and ive been trying to decide if I want to get a 5 foot or 6 foot cutter. Also Ive been asking the john Deere dealer about the frontier cutters john deere sells but they haven't gotten back to me yet the other cutter ive been looking at is king cutter brand. The local Runnings store sells them i'm just worried that they are as well built. So if anyone wants to recommend size or opinions on brands that would be great thanks much.

/ Rotary Cutters #2  
43 pto hp will run a 6' cutter just fine, 43 engine hp will still run it, but it would be better to not let it get real tall or thick.

My next cutter will be a Woods Brush bull... I still think they are better than the competition...

SR

/ Rotary Cutters #3  
I always try to slightly undersize my implements to the tractor I prefer to have plenty of power for the worst possible situation.

/ Rotary Cutters #4  
I bought a woods BB48 last fall. Perfect size for my tractor. I learned that since my tractor is a hydro i lose pto hp, so i had to size down to get the properly rated cutter for my tractor. Did alot of research....you get what you pay for. I went with the shear pin style vs slip clutch. I just won't be using it that much to keep the slip clutch from corroding together. Look at Everything Attachments website....free shipping for first 1,000 miles. I got my cutter at Meyers Implement in Indiana.

/ Rotary Cutters
Alright thanks for all the info. I have bought from everything attachments before good company good products. They sell the king cutter rotary cutters. My tractor is hydro and its 43hp at the engine. A friend of mine has a heavy duty woods and it is nice but I dont know if my john deere dealer sells wood or not. Still haven't heard from those guys the sales guy I normally work with was on vaction last week maybe he still is this week. King cutter looks okay for the money just figured id see what all of you had to say about it.

/ Rotary Cutters #6  
I have a five ft.Bush-Hog cutter(700+hours) and a six ft.Landpride(maybe 50 hours) and run both with a similar sized tractor.I can bog the tractor in very heavy going with the six footer,never with the five.The five has a shear pin and the six has a clutch.Clutch should be serviced every year;I have only broke a couple shear pins on the five with all it's use.
Purchase at least a medium duty cutter,the cheap light weight ones are a waste of money.

/ Rotary Cutters #7  
Look for something 3/16 or better on deck thickness a thin deck will wear quick even under light use.

/ Rotary Cutters #8  
According to TractorData.com John Deere 110TLB backhoe-loader tractor information, your tractor has 33 PTO HP and 86" (?) wide. IMO, it's best to have a rotary cutter that is at least as wide as the tractor. If your tractor is really 86" wide, a 7' cutter would come close to matching the width. An 8' multiple-spindle or a wider batwing would cover your tracks, but I don't think you have enough HP to handle a 7' or wider cutter.

I don't have any experience with Frontier cutters, but I seem to remember reading a TBN post from a member who had a problem with his Frontier cutter. A TBN search for the Frontier model you are interested in would be in order.

Steve

/ Rotary Cutters #10  
I'm with Steve, needs to cover the tractor tracks for sure.

Look on Craigslist for a used cutter. I bought a 6ft cutter for $625.