guys using drum spill containment?

/ guys using drum spill containment? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
We just had a drum of bio diesel dropped off this morning... it was free as an incentive to open an account.

The driver said we need to have a spill containment system in place.

It can be as simple as a special pallet like platform that can hold 60 gallons should there be a leak.

Never thought I would need one for bio fuel made from food grade stock.

Those that have drums of fuel are you also required to have containment?

/ guys using drum spill containment?
Fuel Drum Spill Containment?

We just had a 55 drum of bio diesel dropped off this morning... it was free as an incentive to open an account.

The driver said we need to have a spill containment system in place.

He said most use a special pallet like platform that can hold 60 gallons should there be a leak.

Others have a drum or other larger container.

Never thought I would need one for bio fuel made from food grade stock.

Those that have drums of fuel... how do you handle containment and seismic bracing?

/ guys using drum spill containment?
Re: Fuel Drum Spill Containment?

Just what I was looking at... thinking maybe the 66 gallon one so if the entire drum emptied?

/ guys using drum spill containment? #5  

Ya we have a few of the larger one also. I just got the link from my Grainger account list.

/ guys using drum spill containment? #7  
I have seen those "pallet's, think they also have a drum that you can stick your (oil) drum into.
Somehow I got on these folks mailing list.Spill Containment - Top Spill Containment

That is mailing list can't seem to get off. Bought something once. Now I get calls every few month about specials and checking if need to order anything. :(

/ guys using drum spill containment? #8  
   / guys using drum spill containment? #9  

If you do a search on spill containment pallets there are many out there, but the ones listed above are very good. Amazon has a bunch Amazon.com: spill containment pallets

I had the link as I was looking for a pallet for my drum/fuel tank set up. I opted for a basic HD plastic pallet.