Buying Advice The trouble with choices! First time buyer

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #11  
In my mind, 60 grand buys two tractors with the implements for each, but I buy used. 20K for a 35-40 hp open station and implements for it. 40K for a cabbed tractor and required implements. Redundancy in equipment is nice for some things. Getting stuck is bad but another machine can sometimes help. Also, when one is down for an unexpected repair (even a minor one), you can still use the other in a pinch. I live in SC as well and have only open station tractors. I would not and could not use a cabbed tractor in my woods, but I would LOVE one for mowing or open field chores. How about a 40hp TLB for backhoe / grapple duties and woods work and a cabbed 60 hp mowing / bush hogging tractor with no loader. That would be a sweet combination. You would be buying second hand to get within your budget, but it is certainly possible.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #12  
The tractor might be overkill but I don't want to end up with something gutless. On the ~10 of 3' tall bush it'll be a lot of mowing; land leveling clearing trash/debris . I can see the cab being a problem too but the summers reach 110* degrees and the humidity can kill you. On the thick woods, making paths removing stumps, leveling, digging ditches to burn and clear, hauling large logs to be cut, road maintenance.

Well I went to HS in Cheraw so I'm no stranger to the heat and humidity but you'll have a very hard time maneuvering in the woods with a cab. It also complicates the backhoe a bit, not impossible just not as handy as an open tractor is when using a hoe. Then too you have to spend enough time on it to justify an extra 10 grand for the comfort of AC. But if you insist on the cab, be sure to get the disco ball too.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #13  
cooljoe00.

After your initial clean up and landscaping will you still need that large of a tractor?
Have you considered buying used to get the initial bulk of the work done then new for the long haul?
Many of the implements will fit a smaller tractor later on.:2cents:

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #15  
I can only relate my experience. Kioto RX7320. 73 horsepower power shuttle cab. It's a very capable machine. Really strong and with the box blade and FEL it's about 8-9,000 lbs. The RX6620 can be had with a backhoe. I don't know how much extra the backhoe costs, but I got my tractor, FEL and box blade for right at 40. I bet you could get the RX6620 with all the goodies you are looking for and hit that budget and I doubt you would ever regret it. And we don't get near as hot as you, and I'm glad I have my cab on my tractor. I'd much rather be comfortable if I'm in the seat for several hours. I have "toughed it out" too many times in my life. I'm the boss now...so I'm spending the money on me. My wife also jumps in the tractor and gets a lot of work done and loves the heat and A/C. I doubt she would spend as much time in there or do near as much work if she wasn't comfortable. I need all the help I can get.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #16  
I can only relate my experience. Kioto RX7320. 73 horsepower power shuttle cab. It's a very capable machine. Really strong and with the box blade and FEL it's about 8-9,000 lbs. The RX6620 can be had with a backhoe. I don't know how much extra the backhoe costs, but I got my tractor, FEL and box blade for right at 40. I bet you could get the RX6620 with all the goodies you are looking for and hit that budget and I doubt you would ever regret it. And we don't get near as hot as you, and I'm glad I have my cab on my tractor. I'd much rather be comfortable if I'm in the seat for several hours. I have "toughed it out" too many times in my life. I'm the boss now...so I'm spending the money on me. My wife also jumps in the tractor and gets a lot of work done and loves the heat and A/C. I doubt she would spend as much time in there or do near as much work if she wasn't comfortable. I need all the help I can get.

"I'm the boss now" ???
"My wife also jumps in the tractor"
Every man on TBN KNOWS that those two statements are mutually exclusive!

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #17  

Oh a exo cage, just what he need to make getting though tight squeezes between trees all the easier. LOL

I had a thought though. Maybe he could get away with a canopy to at least keep the hot sun off and work on that price a bit at the same time.

A canopy is easy to take off for working in the woods where hot sunshine isn't a problem.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #18  
Oh a exo cage, just what he need to make getting though tight squeezes between trees all the easier. LOL

I had a thought though. Maybe he could get away with a canopy to at least keep the hot sun off and work on that price a bit at the same time.

A canopy is easy to take off for working in the woods where hot sunshine isn't a problem.

A canopy helps a lot, we have a steel one on our old Massey Ferguson 375 we used as a woods tractor, it was strong enough to withstand limbs dropping on it. I was almost killed or seriously injured when a big limb fell on the cage on my Rhino, so I put a heavy vinyl top on it. The cage on my tractor saved my noggin once as well.

Falling limbs can get you anywhere, this happened in my son's front yard.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #19  
A canopy helps a lot, we have a steel one on our old Massey Ferguson 375 we used as a woods tractor, it was strong enough to withstand limbs dropping on it. I was almost killed or seriously injured when a big limb fell on the cage on my Rhino, so I put a heavy vinyl top on it. The cage on my tractor saved my noggin once as well.

Falling limbs can get you anywhere, this happened in my son's front yard.

Good Lord TripleR I hope no one was on that tractor when that limb came down.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #20  
Good Lord TripleR I hope no one was on that tractor when that limb came down.

My daughter in law was, but it hit the ROPS first, giving her time to jump off and only got some bad bruises as it slid down her back, she went over the steering wheel and to the side.