Why is half of my screen gone?

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #21  
SO now I have to go and do what to get one and only one web site to work for me? Get a different browser?, Buy a new computer?

Sorry that does not seem right to me when there are hundreds of other sited I can go to that work fine with outdated factory installed systems. I tested 50 forums today alone and this is the only one that gave me any problems!

I would rather find an other forum to go to than try to figure out how to make changes to my computer. It seems every single time I have tried that I ended up with more problems than it was worth and I wont buy a new computer just to be updated so I will just visit less and less until I get more comfortable someplace else and then stop coming at all.

People wonder why I don't want a computer in my tractor or truck?

Are you using Internet Explorer? Firefox? Some other browser?

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #22  
Buying a new computer won't fix things. It's the site's problem, and isn't compatible with the latest Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (IE 11). You can probably add Google Chrome, if you're willing to use a different browser on your existing computer. Chrome seems to work fine, but I don't care for it.

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #23  
Not sure exactly what its called but it is some kind of windows program. Not really into figuring out how to make my computer compatible with the site I figure the site should be compatible with commonly used browsers that would be used by people who don't want or need to update their computer every year. Sort of like having a car that's more than 3 years old should not mean that you cant drive it on the road because the new road isn't compatible with the slightly older car.

I had problems some years ago with a different site and let a friend talk me into using a different browser. He set it up, then within days I had a host of other problems that required yet more and more updates and add ons that he was able to talk me threw on the phone. Problem was no matter what We did to gain here we lost something there and in the end I ended up with a crashed computer. After discussion it was determined that it is best not to modify or change any programs from the original programming and so far it has worked with the exception of sites whose owners and program designers think that using programs that are not compatible with existing systems is smart. I don't know or understand why anyone would use a program to run a site that would prevent probably thousands of possible users from coming but I wont buy a new computer and since my friend is no longer with us and I have no one who can fix the problems that I am sure will follow the reprogramming I wont mess with using different browsers.

My feeling would be if they cant fix the site to be compatible with windows then just like Kubota wont make a tractor without the single pedal they simply wont be used by me for very long.

/ Why is half of my screen gone?
Agreed that it is maddening but mine seems to be fine today. Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't these snarky little problems be easy fixes? I've watched mine happen and feel it's related to a popup being blocked. Something is interfering with the blocking?

On the plus side, I haven't seen a double post in a long time.

Last edited:
   / Why is half of my screen gone? #26  
Yeah it does feel like it is ad related. The screen loads properly for a second or two, and as the ads on the site populate suddenly the screen is forced to half width. I've tried turning my blocker On, Off, and On but excluding this site from it. None of those work to resolve the issue for me using IE11.

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #27  
Just not worth fighting with it! I had to refresh every single page at least 7 times before I could read anything tonight. I give up! Time to find a different forum for me!

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #28  
I am using google chrome with add blocker on the old screen. Faxman helped me out on this. PM him before you quit us Paul.

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #29  
I suspect you have a malware problem. Take the computer to a tech for cleaning.