Steel shipping racks/pallets

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #11  
My old flip phone does have an additional port, besides the charging port, but I'm not sure what it does or what kind of cable it takes. I've often asked why it even has a camera if I can't do anything with the pics once I have them.
As for the steel pallets...I wondered if they were valuable enough to justify the cost of shipping them back to Kubota, or whether they just sent them to a scrap steel recycler. Sometime when I'm there for parts or something, I'll try to remember to ask them what they do with the pallets.

Likely a USB port.. I know take a picture of it and we will help you identify it:) Just kidding.. Tell us the phone make and model, and we may be able to help.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #12  
A friend of mine knew a guy that worked at a large local ATV dealer and we would get all the shipping crates we wanted for ATVs, until they went out of business , we built all types of things with the steel from those and they weren't near as heavy material as the tractor ones.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #13  
They send those skids back to mother kubota for re-use.

It is probably worth talking to the dealership to see, just in case. I was looking for steel from some of the ATV crates and got three different answers from three different dealers. First one said no because they ship them back, second one said no because they throw all of the steel (crates, old rims, etc) into a dumpster and get the cash value of the metal they sell, the third said go ahead and take what you want!

I never did get around to making a trailer out of the metal though. :thumbdown:

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #14  
On my flip phone, the charge port is the usb port. I use the same cable to upload to computer as I use to charge the phone. My phone has the mini usb port on the phone and one end of the cable is mini usb and the other end of the cable is a standard usb port that plugs into the charger or the usb port of the computer. I pick those cables up for free at the motels i stay at all the time. seems folks forget to take their phone chargers with them when they check out. It comes in handy when ever i forget my charger at home.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #15  
My old dumb phone transfers pictures to my computer via Blue Tooth. :thumbsup:

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #16  
When you buy a new tractor just tell them you want your shipping crate, you paid for it.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #17  
I walked on a trail past the back lot of the local Kubota dealer yesterday
and noticed a bunch of new tractors, without wheels, bolted to shipping pallets. There was a fair amount
of steel in these and I wondered if anybody had ever repurposed one as a trailer, firewood rack or somesuch.

I got as many Kubota crates as I wanted, several years ago. I used the channel steel on the bottoms for
several of my backhoe subframes. The rest of the angle-steel was useful for various welding projects.
The dealer I went to just has them picked up by a local metal scavenger.

I have a hard time imagining the crates getting shipped back to the factory. The deliveries I have seen
have been via non-factory-owned semis. Indeed, my bro is an owner-operator and has delivered
Kubota excavators before. Who is gonna pay the return shipping?

Now, if they used factory-owned trucks, I can see them being shipped back in the empty trailer.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #18  
I bet they ship them back. I work beside a lawn mower dealer. I asked about these crates which I'm sure are much lighter duty than a tractor crate. He said if he doesn't ship them back the factory charges him $450 per crate. The factory pays return shipping.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #19  
I'll see my Kubota dealer tomorrow, I'll ask what happens to his crates. I know they don't stay long, I've never seen any piled up with the other scrap or trash.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #20  
BTW, the Kubota crates, at least for the L-series, are superior to others that I have gotten. 3 of the
4 Kioti tractors I have purchased new came in steel crates. The latter had many more bolts, and
none of the channel steel. None of them got returned to the factory, AFAIK.