What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,421  
Agree at least have some life experience past high school and being totally taken care of. Your comment about having something invested in it makes a lot of sense. Most have not earned what they are expecting.

What's worse is they are all to likely to piss away what they haven't paid anything for. The value of anything is worth what you pay for it and freedom isn't free. Therefore I think everyone should earn their own. I support mandatory national service that commences immediately upon graduation from high school. Once you've served at least two years in the military or four in a non military organization like a peace corps or the CCC kinda thing, then and only then can you vote or ever run for office. I for one am sick and tired of seeing people elected, even to the presidency and hold the office of commander and chief who have never served their country, like our current poor excuse, who was put into office mainly by those who have also never served anyone but themselves. They don't value our freedom, our Constitution or our Bill of Rights simply because they have never paid anything for it. Most have never sat down and read the constitution must less comprehend it. How people can be elected to office and swear to uphold the constitution then turn around and do everything to ignore and even tear it down is quite beyond my understanding. Even more beyond my understanding is how anyone could be stupid enough to vote for them again much less vote for them the first time. Here take my money and my freedom, just don't ask me to think or do anything to support my worthless self. DUH! No one should get a free ride.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,423  
The front didn't move for long time during first world war. I guess I should have said military instead army.

Agreed before the US jumped in in 1917 then it started moving. Some say we just tipped the balance of the war. I think it was more of a mentality of we are not going to fight it the way they have been which was a sad situation for those involved.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,424  
Liveing high on the hog.

It seems to me that, that is not the best part of the hog.

????????/

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,425  
Liveing high on the hog.

It seems to me that, that is not the best part of the hog.

????????/

Reminds me of the time I told my Grand father that I liked pickled pig's feet. He shook his head and said "I like to eat a little higher on the hog". I suppose the ribs, belly and jowels were not considered the best cuts either.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,426  
I watched a movie on the weekend about spies during the cold war. Particularly the trade of a captured Soviet spy for Gary Powers.

Whenever the one spy was asked if he wasn't worried, he always responded with "would it help".

It's a position worth adopting.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,427  
Beauty is only skin deep; ugly goes clear to the bone.

Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,428  
"Ya can't fix stupid" is a good one and all too true. I don't know who gets the credit for it.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,430  
Out of the blue today a guy was complaining about something simple and I said it "was better than a sharp stick in the eye". Not sure where that came from but I haven't said it in decades.