Tractor Sizing L5740 HST equivalent

/ L5740 HST equivalent #11  
IMO.. I'd wait for the next generation change. The L60 series major engineering efforts all went into Tier 4 changes, wait for the next generation when they start focusing on improving the tractor again.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #12  
IMO.. I'd wait for the next generation change. The L60 series major engineering efforts all went into Tier 4 changes, wait for the next generation when they start focusing on improving the tractor again.

Any idea when that might be? Any thoughts on what they might do?

/ L5740 HST equivalent #14  
I think the LA1055 had less lift than the LA854 but I forget the specs

Real shame Kubota changed the way they rate a loader from what it will actually lift to the lift at the pins just to leave you guessing like the rest of the industry.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #15  
Any idea when that might be? Any thoughts on what they might do?
Ya, interested as well. I'm thinking about upgrading my economy L3200 to a premium cabed model in the next year or 2.

Looked at some other colors a bit, but the time or 2 I stopped at my Kubota dealer they didn't have any L3x60 machines assembled. Need to compare a 60 & old 40 at some point. Probably sticking with Kubota just for HST+, nobody else has anything close.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #16  
I absolutely hate the vulnerability of the hydraulic loader hose and third function connections.

why they took the lines outside instead of inside is a real mystery.
Several months ago I was at our local iron works place getting some steel channel, and there inside was a brand new L6060, whatever the number was, and the guys were fabricating a custom protective cage for the exposed hoses. Apparently one customer wouldn't buy the tractor without it and my Kubota dealer sent the brand new not yet delivered tractor for mods.
Geez Kubota, what were you thinking? What other benefit was provided that made exposing lines like this worthwhile? Honestly, I don't get it. I have all the optional hydraulics on mine, front and rear, and they are all protected.
Hard to believe Tier 4 caused moving the hydraulic lines unless some oversized muffler now resides there.

/ L5740 HST equivalent
Saving 20 bucks for the bottom line so they can report to the stockholders how much net they took in. Saw a member years ago that welded expanded steel on front of grill guard so prevent debris damaging front end. After repairing front end I just ordered some and taking it to welder this week. Will post pictures after it is painted orange. Some people use these machines and work them! Exposed hoses and electrical harnesses is just sloppy engineering and saves on production costs and passes the risks onto the operators.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #18  
I tend to buy and keep, we still have and use tractors made in the 50s, 60s.

Yep. Me too. Saves a lot of money when you avoid impulse buying.

Newer tractors don't get a whole lot more done except when it comes to draining the bank account.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #19  

Newer tractors don't get a whole lot more done except when it comes to draining the bank account.

as long as the older tractors have ROPS, I agree with you. Too many people die unnecessarily each year on non ROPs rollovers. I witnessed one personally
twenty five years ago. Hard to forget. On super flat land, maybe a pass.

I renovated an IH 255 Mitsubishi clone tractor and gave it to my Meeting (church) when I moved from
Pa to NC. Simple basic little tractor, ran smoother than my Kubota does now. And I miss the clutch and the simple gears. But maneuvering around tight areas or working in the woods? I'll take a modern hydrostatic anytime. The IH did not have a granny gear so it would not operate, at full power, particularly slowly. But for mowing and general chores, it was a sweetheart. I still look under the back sheds where it's kept when I go back to visit. They don't use it enough and I should have kept it but that's another story.

I do like my a/c when the heat index is 110 out, like it will be today here.
Do the early gen a/c cabbed tractors keep you cool? I'd love to own an older IH, a "real" one.

/ L5740 HST equivalent #20  
Saving 20 bucks for the bottom line so they can report to the stockholders how much net they took in. Saw a member years ago that welded expanded steel on front of grill guard so prevent debris damaging front end. After repairing front end I just ordered some and taking it to welder this week. Will post pictures after it is painted orange. Some people use these machines and work them! Exposed hoses and electrical harnesses is just sloppy engineering and saves on production costs and passes the risks onto the operators.

My brother fabbed an expanded metal guard for ours some time ago, not fancy but it works. ovrszd built a real nice one for his 9540.

Yep, one of my brother's favorite tractors was made in the early 60's, simple, very handy machine and easy to maintain.