Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga.

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #11  
Dickfoster, your local dealer also owns the DC. Just like we did when we were doing the DC gig from 2005 through 2015. I'm sure they will make it right. They would probably rather fix your tractor than have you speak so negatively about them on the forum. They are good folks, even though it sounds like your unit went out the door while the QC guy was at lunch.

But you can always quit making payments! Ha, inside joke....

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #12  
The pin that holds the drawbar in place should have been in the bucket with your 3point links. The hose that's color coated are both sides quick connect?

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #13  
The pin that holds the drawbar in place should have been in the bucket with your 3point links. The hose that's color coated are both sides quick connect?

Was wondering the same when I read that. Not sure why both ends would be quick connect. If not, then why color code both ends? Unless he means the male and female connectors are not both marked.:confused3:

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #14  
There is also usually three lines left one with a cap and two you have to plug back in together

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga.
Dickfoster, your local dealer also owns the DC. Just like we did when we were doing the DC gig from 2005 through 2015. I'm sure they will make it right. They would probably rather fix your tractor than have you speak so negatively about them on the forum. They are good folks, even though it sounds like your unit went out the door while the QC guy was at lunch.

But you can always quit making payments! Ha, inside joke....

Nah it's stuff that I can and will deal with, my dealership has done quite enough. Yeah I know the same outfit owns Beeler too but let's put the blame where it belongs and not have others suffer for their shortcomings.

:eek: Sorry I can't stop paying for it. That option isn't open to me because like a dummy I paid cash on the barrel head. :duh: See what greed get's yah. I paid cash to save a few bucks. :laughing:

No, I want them, Olivehurst, the see the ramifications and repercussions of what poor quality control brings. Hopefully they'll understand that any money saved by skimping on QC costs them at least double in other ways. A lesson I want them and Mahindra to understand and take to heart early on for the benefit of everyone concerned. I don't want to see Mahindra go the way Detroit did.

Yes and I can figure out which is which. If if they can't I can read the manual that KMW includes with the hoe.

What bucket? I got the 3pt links loose. I would have been nice if they'd put the pins in the toolbox that they took off to install the hoe but didn't include either. Maybe when I hook up the 3pt something will show up but I haven't seen it when I looked. I had to go to the hardware store to get some hair pins for a pin on the mechanical thumb that were missing too. It's obvious that the backhoe was thrown on in a hurry and no one ever went back and finished the job before the dealer picked it up to do their bit. It's just a problem with procedure, because it looks like they did a good job on the loader. My guess is that loaders are much more common than backhoes so they have that down. The wheel lugs were torqued and marked as they should be too. I know they had to change the tires because the first time I saw it, it had Ags and I got R4s.

Do you work for Mahindra or a dealer?

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #17  
Im a dealer.. when we order backhoes we are sure to do a check on everything in the buckets when they get here. It will have all the parts that were took off even if they are not needed anymore. They are also very easy to get mixed up if not labeled and put in a location and biggest they like to walk off if they are left on the tractor while sitting on the yard... some backhoes though are planned better than others for storing pins and whatnot.. XL series is one that I favor and also the BH86 I think is the number.

/ Yet more on the shoddy Backhoe install saga. #18  
On the thumb put you a carter pin in there... will save lots of pins when you get into brush

On the thumb put you a carter pin in there... will save lots of pins when you get into brush

Good tip. I may just do that on one end but you have to remove that pin in order to store the thumb out of the way then again to get it back into place for use. If they'd had a hydraulic thumb option, I'd probably have ordered it unless they priced it like they did the 3rd function.

I guess being in Texas you don't have the luxury of having the disty install them.

One poor guy on here bought a new tractor with a backhoe and his dealer gave him his hoe on a pallet. :laughing: I told him to take it back and make the dealer install the thing.

While I agree that the dist should install these things correctly, I also believe that the dealer should double check these things. My local Mahindra dealer has given up on the dist installations and installs all the back hoes himself.

I think we have the same distributor so that's no surprise. I think there are only two or three for the country. East, West and I don't know if there are any others.