a tractor can break in half?

/ a tractor can break in half? #61  
   / a tractor can break in half? #62  
I know of tractors that have broken in half before. The ones I know of didn't have backhoes on them, but they broke because they were pulling a heavy weight (like a tree that has become ensnared), and they had a second tractor hooked to the front of them to aid in pulling the weight.

/ a tractor can break in half? #63  
Does anyone remember that Titan or Tytan (sp) that broke in half not too long ago by using just the fel? Was that what it was?

/ a tractor can break in half? #64  
SHHHHHHHHHHHH
Careful, you'll get snuffed.

/ a tractor can break in half? #65  
WOW, old thread.
I agree, at the bell housing seems more likely and (proof) is more common.
Thinking about it, engine blocks might not be THAT strong between cylinders, just a thin water jacket, though I would expect the cylinder head to "hold it together" (-:

I can IMAGINE someone getting a full load in the bucket to counter the hoe's digging forces - & raising that bucket just slightly off the ground to get max leverage from it.

/ a tractor can break in half? #66  
How about the subcompact like the mahindra 2816. I made a set of forks for the back, thought of putting a set on the front and using it to pick up some 4 foot firewood out to the road. It's not laying on a trail, I'd have to make a trail. I imagine the weight on the front, plus a load on the back would be quite a bit. I rmember when I was in my teens we used a friends grandfathers tractor to haul logs out of the woods. Over stumps, tree tops, the tractors front end was rarely touching. But they looked like stronger machines. I couldn't imagine doing it with the little tractors today.

/ a tractor can break in half? #67  
Zombie thread! :)

/ a tractor can break in half? #68  
Zombie thread! :)

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

/ a tractor can break in half? #69  
I personally have seen two Branson tractors broken in half at the bell housing and a john deere farm tractor with a cracked bell housing. There was a guy on here, not long ago that said his brother broke his Branson in half.

I've also see a few stuck tractors broken in half from a bigger tractor pulling too hard on them to get them out.

I NEVER hook to the front of a tractor that stuck hard! I run the chain/cable under, to the tool behind the tractor and pull on that.

All three Brasons had loaders on them, no back hoes...

SR

/ a tractor can break in half? #70  
Didn't go back through the old part of this thread but with my dad being a Farmall dealer way, way back, we had a few with broken middle housings (where the optional hydraulic pump went) due to loader work. Push into the pile too hard and the front end comes up. Step on the clutch and it crashes back down. Even though a Farmall H has a relatively thick cast housing, the bottom is open for the hydraulic pump putting all the stress in the side and they would break in time. I still see some of those old H's around with the nickel rod weld my dad used to patch them together as that center housing is pricey and nobody had money for a new one.