M59 Discussion Thread

/ M59 Discussion Thread #431  
I was going to post this in the new M62 thread but figured there were more owners here.

I have a question regarding size.

Is the M59/62 physically any bigger than the L5740? I know the framework for the FEL is larger, more substantial, and same with the backhoe mount, but is the actual size of the tractor itself, any different from the 5740?

I've looked at the specs on tractordata, and it is difficult to tell because the dimensions and weights for the M59 is listed with the loader and backhoe attached, vs the tractor only weight for the 5740.

I'm wondering if the difference is just the extra steel on the FEL and backhoe that make up the differences, or, if it is a completely different frame altogether????

/ M59 Discussion Thread #432  
Does anyone use their M59 as a tractor/loader only? How is it using all the other normal 3 point hitch implements? I'm sure you'd need to weight the tires, but I'd assume it's not much different than a regular tractor right?

/ M59 Discussion Thread #433  
Does anyone use their M59 as a tractor/loader only? How is it using all the other normal 3 point hitch implements? I'm sure you'd need to weight the tires, but I'd assume it's not much different than a regular tractor right?

Except that you will need to load the tires and add 1200-1500 lbs as counter weight to the 3 Pt.

With your L4610 and a big ole albatross of a Deere 410, I can not see the need for a M59 or M62TL at all. I'd stick some bigger cylinders on the 4610, and if you have need for another toy, a used CTL, larger Mini Ex with thumb and blade or an RTV to scoot around in would round out your stable much better than the M59.

Ift you are going to trade the 410, you will miss having a TLB. I bet less than 5% of B26, L39/45, M59/62 are sold without a Hoe. in 11 years, I never removed the hoe on my L39 and I don't see the need in the future either.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #434  
Thanks for the thoughts Mike. You bring up some good points and I've thought about all that in the past.

Im actually considering a full size excavator and keeping my 4610 for a bit longer. I just have a "thing" for these M59's!

And yes, it's also a part of wanting another toy.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #435  
I use the 3 point on my L39 a lot and it works fine - box blade, landscape rack, Harley rake, back blade, brush hog, disk harrow, 3-point splitter and 3-point chipper. I do have the tires loaded, but the L39 has small tires so it does not add that much weight. With a light weight box blade on the three point, I can move full, heaped, buckets of sand, but the back end is light and I need to run in four wheel drive. OK on flat ground but I would not want to do it on hills. The M59 has larger tires so you would get quite bit more weight by loading the tires, but it also has a much larger bucket so I expect you would need additional weight on the three point if you are going to do loader work without the hoe attached.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #436  
I never took the backhoe off of my M59 but the guy I sold it to uses it without the hoe far more than with. He has a laser controlled box blade he pulls behind it on a daily basis leveling commercial construction sites. I see absolutely no disadvantage to it over any other tractor. The bucket is big and heavy but if it is a problem flip two levers and take it off.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #437  
I never took the backhoe off of my M59 but the guy I sold it to uses it without the hoe far more than with. He has a laser controlled box blade he pulls behind it on a daily basis leveling commercial construction sites. I see absolutely no disadvantage to it over any other tractor. The bucket is big and heavy but if it is a problem flip two levers and take it off.

I took my backhoe off when I got it repaired. Of coarse my tires are not loaded but the thing seems pretty useless with no weight. Not sure loaded tires would make that much difference unless you were using a heavy implement out back. On gravel you would spin tires unless you were in 4wd.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #438  
Does anyone make extended stabilizers for the M59 or 62? They're plenty strong but way too short to be effective.

Thanks!

Steve

/ M59 Discussion Thread #439  
I posted in the Kubota forum, however I could find this M59 Thread so I'm posting again now that found this. I have a question in regards to my Front End Remote and the flow rate. I have looked at a brush cutter by Blue Diamond that has a mower that is has a low flow option if 16gpm, I think the M59 is 16.1. After reading the specs on the blue diamond site, they have designed a brush mower to take a lower flow rate without having the High flow system. What do you guys think of this attachment? I haven't spoken to the sales rep as if yet, hoping to get some advice and question I could bring to the rep if I should make a call to them.

/ M59 Discussion Thread #440  
I posted in the Kubota forum, however I could find this M59 Thread so I'm posting again now that found this. I have a question in regards to my Front End Remote and the flow rate. I have looked at a brush cutter by Blue Diamond that has a mower that is has a low flow option if 16gpm, I think the M59 is 16.1. After reading the specs on the blue diamond site, they have designed a brush mower to take a lower flow rate without having the High flow system. What do you guys think of this attachment? I haven't spoken to the sales rep as if yet, hoping to get some advice and question I could bring to the rep if I should make a call to them.

As far as another question to ask the manufacturer, I would find out what pressure they recommend if used with the 16gpm minimum flow, and compare that to what you have. I believe the M59 is somewhere around 2,950psi?
It looks like a nice unit and would sure be handy to have a mower mounted on the FEL. :thumbsup: