Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer?

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer?
Ok, question for the hydraulic valve experts here:

How hard would it be to move the float function on this Chief G Series 3 spool valve from the top position to the bottom position as viewed in the enclosed pic.

IMG_20160816_154751405_HDR (Large).jpg

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer? #112  
Pretty darn easy. See....
chief rotate.jpg

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer? #113  
All kidding aside.....I dont know. I assume the casting is the same and can just swap the spools, and the stuff on the bottom (can). But you get into detents, springs, little ball bearings, etc. It can be a paint. But I would want confirmation from baileys first if the switch is allowable. Some spools are actually precision matched to the bore.....others are 100% swappable.

All kidding aside.....I dont know. I assume the casting is the same and can just swap the spools, and the stuff on the bottom (can). But you get into detents, springs, little ball bearings, etc. It can be a paint. But I would want confirmation from baileys first if the switch is allowable. Some spools are actually precision matched to the bore.....others are 100% swappable.

See this is the stuff I don't know about.

Well, except I know about the paint, since I was the one that painted it.... :)

Guess a call to Bailey's this Monday AM is on the agenda.

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer? #115  
FTG, are you married?

Got the RR valve controller mount built and mounted, see pic.

Finally got around to installing the new 3rd function kit, did that yesterday. This morning I took the tractor to the local farm store for them to make up the hoses and connect everything up. I mounted the grapple, it went on just like my FEL bucket and forks, no problems. The Flat Faced QD's also worked and were easy to hook up, a little something I was concerned about, but it was easy. Should have it back in a couple days or so, depending on how busy they are.

Thanks for the help!!

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer? #117  
Looking forward to the end results when you get it back. Particularly how you like the flat face couplers. I thin they are harder to hook. And the only way I can Ever get my grapple hooked and unhooked is to detent the loader valve in float an put a rubber band squeezing the trigger.

Not sure what I would do if all I had was a third function. Cause just cycling the valve with tractor off, like when removing the loader...just don't work.

I think the only viable way to use flat face in my case would me connect under pressure fittings

Yea, the tractor looked pretty killer with that grapple on the front of it. Of course, it was sort of an empty threat since it couldn't move....

And BTW, here's the pics that wouldn't load earlier of the RR valve mounted:

IMG_20160827_142019858_HDR (Large).jpgIMG_20160827_142058809 (Large).jpgIMG_20160827_171810200 (Large).jpgIMG_20160827_171742401_HDR (Large).jpg

And as far as connecting FF QD's: are they that big a problem when they are apparently the standard for skid steer equipment? Is there something about how a SS depressurizes, so that the FFQDs can be disconnected, that a tractor's hydraulics won't do?

/ Thoughts on this grapple from a local dealer? #120  
Not sure what I would do if all I had was a third function. Cause just cycling the valve with tractor off, like when removing the loader...just don't work.

If I understand this correctly the answer with electric 3rd function is to cycle the valve with key to 'on' but the engine off.