Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH?

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
Normally I'd run off the drawbar back and to the sides. Loaded tractor with rototiller attached to go do a garden bed at a family members house and the implement prevents me from doing so.

What is the fix? chain from the 3PH lifting arms out to the side?

Any ideas appreciated.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #2  
I typically use a pair of long axle straps with D rings (one on each side) around the rear axle for chain attachment points & cross the chains going to opposite corners. Not sure if that would work with the tiller on, or if there would be a potential for damage to the tiller if chains press down on it.

Nick

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #3  
I had a couple D rings welded to my ROPS just for this reason.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #4  
Right or wrong I just chained to the lower 3pt arms then put a strap over the impliment. Axle straps would've worked too if I had had them with me. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #5  
I usually cross tie inside the wheel base when this happens and I can't get chains to reach otherwise. I.E. I pull backwards with the chains to the front end and forwards with the chains from the back end.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #6  
With my BX2230, I can still reach the clevis ring in the drawbar to chain through. Jon

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #7  
I chain as normal to the drawbar with the tiller up. Then lower it onto blocks and strap it down with one strap.

The blocks are always with me as I use them for wheel chocks on the trailer.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #8  
I was towing my Fordson Dexta last month on a sixty mile trip. I had the back blade attached and decided to hook the chain to the implement instead of to the axle like I normally did. I will never do that again. I checked the load initially at three miles and then at ten miles and assumed I was good to go when everything was secure. Somewhere along the way on the bumpy country lanes the lift arm shifted and slipped off of the three point pin and the blade shifted down, rendering my back chain useless. I had the front axle properly secured so fortunately nothing happened but there's the "what if" element. The front loader blocked my view so I didn't see the shift until I got home and went to release the chains.

So, I'll be using the rear axle next time.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH? #9  
I wrap a chain around each axle housing, bind to trailer. One strap or chain over the implement. This gives 4 points of contact on the tractor + one on the attached implement. Tractor in gear & brake locked.

/ Chaining rear of tractor with implement attached to 3PH?
I wrap a chain around each axle housing, bind to trailer. One strap or chain over the implement. This gives 4 points of contact on the tractor + one on the attached implement. Tractor in gear & brake locked.

Thats the problem, I can't run a chain from the axle to the trailer because the implement is in the way