Going in reverse?

/ Going in reverse? #11  
No problem using the differential lock in reverse and if that doesn't help, try adding weight. I had loaded tires and 1000 pounds of ballast, but had to add additional wheel weights to get decent traction backing up some of our hills.

That being said, I'd be a bit reluctant to tangle that mess in any of our tractors, I've done it and broke some stuff. We finally resorted to chainsaws and an old Case back hoe, still busted some lines and it took a looong time.

Good luck.

/ Going in reverse? #12  
I've had WAY to much experience winching out of areas with no anchor point. The best thing to use is a double fluke boat anchor with an attached ten foot chunk of cable to pull it out when you finally get unstuck. "Set" the anchor exactly where you wish there was a big tree and if you need to winch out - just attach to the anchor and winch away. The winching action will bury the anchor and the ten foot cable that you initially attached to the anchor is the easy way to extricate the buried anchor.

Folks would laugh at me when I'd go 4-wheeling in AK with my boat anchor - until they got buried out in the tundra. Believe me - tundra, which is just like water saturated foam rubber - is not a good thing to attach to. Many times I've buried a boat anchor six to eight feet deep just winching out of one spot.

/ Going in reverse? #13  
One other thing.. don't stomp the diffy at any great wheel speed.

And ditto on winching out. even those cheap car bat temp hookup jobs can mean the difference in a long walk or a short drive.

/ Going in reverse? #14  
One other thing.. don't stomp the diffy at any great wheel speed.

And ditto on winching out. even those cheap car bat temp hookup jobs can mean the difference in a long walk or a short drive.
Ya, you are fine engaging the diff lock while moving as long as both tires are spinning at the same speed. If on is spinning faster than the other you will break things when engaging. Engaging at a stop is safe too.

/ Going in reverse? #15  
You can only use the lock in reverse if you have hst

/ Going in reverse? #18  
Sorry, lots of treads seam to end up this way. I thought this one just needed a little help.

What? are you saying you were trying to stir up a little hate and discontent?:D