Buying Advice Case IH 5150

/ Case IH 5150 #1  

woolyAcres

Platinum Member
Tractor
Antonio Carraro TTR 4400
I'm looking for a larger machine and considering a used Case 5150 for sale locally. I'm having a hard time finding much info on this machine. Are there any forum members out there that can comment on them? Good, bad, ugly, what to watch for, etc?

Thanks

/ Case IH 5150 #3  
   / Case IH 5150
It's a CaseIH, which will help. I don't believe they were sold in the US.

That confirms what I suspected. Seems like the 5250 was sold here but not the 5150. If that's the case (no pun intended) what's a 5150 doing in NW PA? Maybe that should be warning enough to stay away from it.

/ Case IH 5150
One of the best things IH ever made , less trouble than following mx's . Enormous power for their nimble light weight .CASE 515 MAXXUM - General IH - Red Power Magazine Community

Thanks for the link. Do you know if these were available in your area (Canada)? Most of what I've found suggests they were sold in Europe. That would be a pretty long trip for a tractor to make all by itself. However, if they were also sold in Canada, that would be a much shorter trip (only a couple hours).

/ Case IH 5150 #9  
My experience with them was on large potato farms in the UK .

/ Case IH 5150 #10  
I looked it up on CaseIH online parts and they do list parts. They show it being made only in 1996. I also believe it was then sold in the US as a 5250. It would take a bit of work to see if the parts are the same.

Seems that all of the posts on Red Power that are specific to the 5150 are from guys in Europe.

Have you seen the tractor or a picture to verify it wasn't a typo in the listing?

Here is the link to the online parts site at Messick's

Case (515�) - CASE IH DIESEL TRACTOR (1/96-12/96) Parts Diagrams