Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #91  
I saw those pins but I was not sure if they were removable. Curt makes a hitch like that. I never thought about not having to grease it or and having greasy trunion bars laying around.

The head is greased with a fitting and the grease stays mostly inside. Curt is my go-to place for most other things trailer hitch related, especially ball mount shanks. That is a Curt shank on my Blue Ox WDH and its price was ~50% less than any other I could find and is high quality.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #92  
Congrats. I purchased the a 2015 Laramie Longhorn ED. It was a leftover so I made a deal. I was $13k under the price of the F150 I was looking at. I had a 2013 F150 that I fell out of love with. I was having problems with the GPS and radio. I went to the local Ford dealer with both sets of keys and said my lease is up in 2 months and I want to buy a new F150 Lariat. I previously had the FX4 with heated and cooled leather and every option I could want. They stopped making that model in 2014. So they gave me a price of just under $63k and I almost fell out of the chair. I asked what incentives they had and the dealer told me if I didn't need a pickup he could get me into something else for less money. I thanked him and left. 2 months later I returned the Ford and he asked me what I bought I told him and that out the door I was at $50K he was surprised. I have just under 4,000 miles on it and I like the mileage I am getting but I was hoping for more. I was averaging between 15-16 mpg combined in the F150. Now I am in the 19-20 mpg range. Not quite what everyone claims. I actually sat down and did the math for a trip and of course the trip computer was off slightly on the mpg. Taking into consideration the difference in fuel prices and the extra mpg it is a negligible cost difference. So in my opinion it's a matter of preference. I actually spent about $3500 less than the Hemi but that's because I bought a 2015 in late 2016. Good luck with your purchase.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
I hand calc'd the computer mileage and it came out within .5 mpg, close enough for me. I'm avg all-time 18-19 mpg, which is at least 5 mpg better than my F150. This number includes towing several times per week.
The best my F150 could get on a daily driver basis was 16-17 mpg. Mostly avg. less due to towing of about 12-13 mpg. Without towing it avg about 15 mpg.

Today I took the truck on a typical drive and it avg. just under 24 mpg. This is a mix of city/hwy driving. I'm very pleased with the truck and I got it for less much less than any comparable F150 and it gets the mileage they say it will get, unlike the EB.

I've got 3K miles so far. The truck drives and rides extremely well and quiet. So far I'm very pleased.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #94  
Im glad to hear you are liking the pickup. Sell the ecoboost yet?

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Yes. I sold it for $19,500. I thought I could get at least $21 or better but had to drop the price after a few weeks.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #96  
I thought the WDH sort of locks the trailer to the truck, forming a straight plane. When the trailer tongue pushes down, that force is extended through the truck to the front axle. Without it, the trailer hitch is a hinge, so as the tongue goes down the rear of the truck goes down too (which pulls up on the front axle).

So does this mean that if you have a heavy load in the truck bed the WDH will transfer some of that weight to the trailer axles in an effort to keep the truck and trailer level?

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #97  
So does this mean that if you have a heavy load in the truck bed the WDH will transfer some of that weight to the trailer axles in an effort to keep the truck and trailer level?
Yes.

Aaron Z

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #99  
I wonder what the EPA is going to find in the Ecodiesel investigation.

/ Ram 1500 EcoDiesel #100  
I wonder what the EPA is going to find in the Ecodiesel investigation.

I am about fed up with these eco nazi's. I am 100% convinced they are out to take diesel off the road, period. All they want to see is electric and hybrids, and I am sick and tired of these pigs. They have tried to take claim to even small ponds saying the water belongs to them, or it is a "wetland" and needs (has) to be protected, BY THEM!!

I hope they are straightened out soon, they have overstepped their purpose and are pushing an agenda that does not have our interest at heart. I have gotten to the point that I do not trust them, nor do I car if they ever find out any of my business. I guess towards the EPA and those like them I have become a cynic. It just sickens me at their overreach.